Thanks anyway!!

techrod

Flats Noob
To you people who truly have rose colored glasses on and some with blinders, you have effectively run me off! I have stated my posts and now I will be gone. I truly love Georgia Tech having been going to games since 1956 as a small boy. I wore Tech colors in the early 80's when NO one else did. You people with these glasses on other posters are going to post things that you don't like so give them a hard time too. As far as rec. goes I was being completely objective., but those blinders got in your way and the roses enable you folks to see only your way things are percieved to be. We will have cg at least one more year regardless of this board and we will sign recs. regardless of this board and who said what when. I have never booed a player, but coaches should be called on the carpet as needed. We the fans reserve the right through contributions, tickets, and the like to voice concerns of ineptitude. I think recruiting is going ok. not great, but this could be the telling weekend. I was looking forward to posting about it, because I think it will be good. To those that supported what I have said -thank you very much. If anyone wants my private email address I now give permission to Gtfan to hand it out. I would like to hear from you.

techrod,

You comments about ignoring the recruiting services and looking at whomelse had offered a 'ship were spot on. Also, it holds true that in a class of 25 ships, anything more than 6 to 7 sleepers or projects potentially spells disaster. I think what some fonts may have taken umbrage w/was the way you stated your opinions, not what they actually were. Stingtalk thrives when people posts different opinions in a logical, thoughtout manner; don't let someone run you off.

Also, keep in mind that many fonts are even more sensitive right now, given the events over the last month. So if good news occurs--ie. committs like Ball and Wrotto choosing GT over other good programs that had offered 'ships, people are excited. While your posts are true (perhaps) concerning a few of the other recruits that may not have been as highly sought after, the timing and tone of your posts may have rubbed a few the wrong way. Further, let us see what the final haul was in early Feb. and who else offered the kids that choose to sign w/GT. The last week or so w/respect to recruiting has been encouraging, w/a big weekend coming up.

Take the $.02 fwiw, maybe not even the $.02.

techrod, GT98 has posted a valuable well stated answer to your concerns. I very much agree with him. Hang in there and don't take the rubutts quite so seriously. As for recruiting so far...we have at least 5 kids with offers from other majors and 2 other great prospects who appear to be just what we need. THWG

I don't think anyone disputed your message so much
as they did you method for getting it across.

Techrod, I learned a valuable lesson at a very young age. I was in basic training in the Army and our drill SGT. had us in formation and there were several hundred men in ranks. He told us to look around and LOOK and we would see a lots of heads. He then told us to lower our eyes and we would see a few asses. In life I have found this to be true, most people are fine human beings but we always have to deal with the asses. I have to make sure that I don't fall into that category myself. Idon't classify everyone that disagrees with me as an ass. I have learned much from those with a dissenting opinion. We can say almost anything to others if we say it in the right way,but when we are condescending or abrasive many
won't take kindly to our remarks. I don't think that any of us regulars have gone unscathed, when we make observations you can be sure that there
will be some out there that will be ready with a rejoinder. I would urge you not to take it personal and to continue to share with us your feelings as they pertain to Tech. Hell, these people can't be bad because they are Tech Guys and Gals.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Techrod, if a comment drives you off the board, the problem is with you and not the poster.

If you think you can come on a board and post any view you desire, and not have rebuttals to it, you are off base.

My posts, yours, and all others are subject to rebuttals. If you have a post you don't think is correct, then give your rebuttal. If there is truth in the rebuttals to your posts, you would be wise to consider the rebuttals.

If you have a better version of the situation which will make GT, the board, and the posters better because of it, then you should post that version. If you quit every area of life that opposes your view without giving those views serious consideration, you become the loser.

The only way to see the truth on the board is to look at all posts, weigh them, and come to a conclusion after weighing all the points from each view.

Do not expect everyone to share your view of all issues.

I do not expect everyone to share my view, but I give it if I think it is a valid view and could be helpful, even if it is completely in opposition to another's view.

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Very well put ahso.

Techrod, When I was ten years old (back in the 40's) and lying in a polio hospital and could not move my legs I saw my dream of playing for the Jackets fade into a memory. I soon discovered we need good fans as well as good players. I tried to become a good fan. Agree with you, not always but I do respect your opinions. Keep posting and if I ever disagree I'll do so and have no hard feelings about it. When people disagree with me I don't take it as an insult but just a difference of opinion. So come or go thats up to you but give it some thought. (BW excluded) I also had a self imposed exile but found I couldn't handle being away from my Tech comrads.

Techrod,

He that finds no good in another's counsel, will soon have only his own voice to listen too.

Stick around a bit longer and try to focus on what we all have in common.
wink.gif

Olefoggy, that was a much appreciated post also along with a few others. I might keep posting just to spite a few of the rose glasses!

techrod .. keep posting .. "in spite" of gold not rose colored glasses wearing fans like me ..

i don't think anyone intended to run you out of the board .. i sure didn't ..

if you will make an "objective" statement re. recruiting such as "look at the kind of offers he has" .. then i will counter it with "objective" rebuttals such as .. "our coaches have seen him play and like him and that is more than enough"

techrod, my glasses are so rosy I mistake lard for strawberry ice cream, and I hope you'll stick around.

bellyseries .. judging by the choice of your font .. i didn't think you'd care either way .. lard or ice cream .. LOL

just kidding

Ylojk8,thanks a lot. I may post on the recruits of ? ect. with a per cent mark. If there is a better way let me know. As far as commitments go so far this a good class with chance to be great. We will have to keep the sleepers down to my concieved number. So far we can allow for a few more. With so many more spots to give this could get very interesting for sure. This is one of the most important recruiting seasons for us in years! If anybody has a problem with this I will take into consideration. I am completely objective in my opinions on recruiting.

Originally posted by bellyseries:
techrod, my glasses are so rosy I mistake lard for strawberry ice cream, and I hope you'll stick around.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL! Now that is definitely the quote of the week...

Originally posted by techrod:
Ylojk8,thanks a lot. I may post on the recruits of ? ect. with a per cent mark. If there is a better way let me know. As far as commitments go so far this a good class with chance to be great. We will have to keep the sleepers down to my concieved number. So far we can allow for a few more. With so many more spots to give this could get very interesting for sure. This is one of the most important recruiting seasons for us in years! If anybody has a problem with this I will take into consideration. I am completely objective in my opinions on recruiting.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well stated post. Stay onboard and share your recruiting thoughts w/those less informed like myself. I know little about the recruiting process nor all of the factors that a coach has to look at or make a decision on regarding offering a 'ship to a young man.

Certainly, Gailey has things he needs to address/correct/work on before the start of next season, but I am encouraged by his recruiting efforts thus far; anyone w/tenure in the NFL of the length that he had should be able to recognize talent on film. Hopefully, this bodes well for the "sleepers" that we will sign. But all GT fans would feel better if 18+ of the 25 had other Top 25 programs offering a 'ship as well.

Man, I LOVE THIS BOARD!! C'mon, techrod, how boring would it bee if all posters were the same! We need the rose-colored glasses that mistake lard for ice cream. We need the ones who vehemently disagree. We need the AHSO's who can argue his point quite rationally. We need the BW's who make everybody else scream "Baby Ruth in the pool!"

Bottom line is we are family, families fight, families make up, families go on. BTW, I love your posts. Most are right on as far as I'm concerned.
soapbox.gif

Gt98 and bizzybee, thanks a LOT, and now lets get down to business. This could be fun!

OK, back to business as usual: Techrod, you idiot, what in the hell are you thinking? You moron!! he-he

Back