Thanks anyway!!

Welcome back Techrod, dust yourself off and jump right back in!

wink.gif

Ahs. thanks" I believe I will have another big orange". From -What It Was Was Football by Andy Griffith

Hey TechRod, I just got home from work and I don't need no more sh-t today. We do need the Gailey apologists on the board. I admitted as much after the 51-7 nightmare sunk in but most of the anger had passed (sort of). Keep posting because I usually am in your corner with your opinions, well at least 95 percent of the time.

I had almost forgotten about the Andy Griffith record. I bet many of the fans on the board have never heard of it. In fact, I really don't remember its contents, but do remember it was funny at the time.

smile.gif

Yea, that was a great record and any football fan would love it. What a great stocking stuffer that would be!

Techrod, if a comment drives you off the board, the problem is with you and not the poster.

If you think you can come on a board and post any view you desire, and not have rebuttals to it, you are off base.

My posts, yours, and all others are subject to rebuttals. If you have a post you don't think is correct, then give your rebuttal. If there is truth in the rebuttals to your posts, you would be wise to consider the rebuttals.

If you have a better version of the situation which will make GT, the board, and the posters better because of it, then you should post that version. If you quit every area of life that opposes your view without giving those views serious consideration, you become the loser.

The only way to see the truth on the board is to look at all posts, weigh them, and come to a conclusion after weighing all the points from each view.

Do not expect everyone to share your view of all issues.

I do not expect everyone to share my view, but I give it if I think it is a valid view and could be helpful, even if it is completely in opposition to another's view.

wink.gif

if a font doesn't post negatively ..

1) that person is accepting mediocrity
2) that person is wearing gold colored glasses

i am a proud "mediocrity" accepting "gold colored glasses" wearing Tech fan

Dang, I thought we were rid of Techrod! Just kidding...
If you go Techrod, then I need to go too. I agree with your posts and am glad that you have the guts to post you opinions. I was irate with the 51-7 fiasco. I wanted Gailey fired that night. I guess I will get over it and come back to reality. Maybe he will pan out to be a great coach. I certainly hope so. I also wholeheartedly agree with you thoughts on recruiting. I like seeing a kid commit that has offers from the other big boys. Why doesn't that make sense? We can't beat ugag, Auburn, etc if we compete for kids with the likes of Toledo and Wake. However, it isn't that simple though. We have to allow this coaching staff to make their own choices and see what happens.
BTW, if you think their are rose/gold colored glass wearers here...it ain't nothin like the hive. It is a prerequisite over there to go to the bookstore and get a pair of those glasses to be able to post there. There is at least a little more diversity here.
I am glad you are hanging around. I get blasted sometimes with my opinions. Just have to learn not to take it personally. That is hard, I have to admit. Everybody should remember that we all love GT and that is why we are here.

Thanks Fat Jacket, Used to be when we went head to head wih Vandy or Duke; we would sometimes loose those rec.battles. For the last 7 or 8 years now I don't remember that happening. Hence look at our record over that time! We are now winning over those other top 25 programs. I really believe rec. is really going to speed up in our favor. With so few spots taken out of 25 to give this could be very exciting. Notice a large write up in the auc about Ball's commitment. Usually these an announcements are much smaller.

Back