The 2026 Schedule Abomination

We’re not adding Auburn. It’ll be lower FBS (insert Auburn joke here) or FCS.
Harvard or Yale might be fun tho unrealistic
Since we got Colorado, why not JaxSt?
Or get the clown at William & Mary
Just not NIU.. not them, pls

In general, I don’t think Jason is doing a bad job. But his refusal to request Clemson as a permanent game was ööööing stupid.

Was that the case? Or did they not also request us?

Out of our control, yes, I'll be there regardless

But absolutely no arguing that it's going to be a ööööty home schedule! Wow. Thank goodness for the novelty of Colorado on that slate.

We’re not adding Auburn. It’ll be lower FBS (insert Auburn joke here) or FCS.

Yeah and I don't think anybody in that group is going to be too exciting to put butts in seats, so you might as well make it an easy FCS W. Maybe HBCU.

Also not request us?

I thought when the acc went to the new model, schools could request two rivals. If both schools requested each other, then the ACC made that pairing. I think Clemson went with FSU and NCSt(?).

GT and UL didn’t have a match. Wake had 1.

But I could be misremembering that.

I thought when the acc went to the new model, schools could request two rivals. If both schools requested each other, then the ACC made that pairing. I think Clemson went with FSU and NCSt(?).

Yeah, I understood what you meant, i was just suggesting your wording was not clear and instead of "not also" (which suggests that they did select us, along with us accepting them), you might have said "also not" (suggesting neither requested the other)

Batt 100% didn’t request a permanent rival at all. Clemson only has FSU, no neither NCSU or us. I really doubt NCSU requested Wake over Clemson.

Batt 100% didn’t request a permanent rival at all. Clemson only has FSU, no neither NCSU or us. I really doubt NCSU requested Wake over Clemson.

That was hugely stupid then.

In general, I don’t think Jason is doing a bad job. But his refusal to request Clemson as a permanent game was ööööing stupid.
I don't think they are doing permanent rivals anymore are they? It was only applicable to 2023 before we added the west teams. I think now everyone plays (or will play once we get into the pattern) 4 home and 4 away one year, then the same opponents, but flipped to 4 away and 4 home the next year. Then in year 3, you play 4 home and 4 away of the teams you didn't play the previous 2 years, then flip it again for the 4th year.

I don't think they are doing permanent rivals anymore are they? It was only applicable to 2023 before we added the west teams. I think now everyone plays (or will play once we get into the pattern) 4 home and 4 away one year, then the same opponents, but flipped to 4 away and 4 home the next year. Then in year 3, you play 4 home and 4 away of the teams you didn't play the previous 2 years, then flip it again for the 4th year.
Teams could request permanent rivals. Some have two. Most have one. We have none. It’s unclear if it’s because we didn’t have mutual desire, or if we simply didn’t ask for any.

Yeah and I don't think anybody in that group is going to be too exciting to put butts in seats, so you might as well make it an easy FCS W. Maybe HBCU.
We should try to have as many HBCUs as possible for these FCS games. And make sure they bring their band. They travel well, have a good tailgating culture, and are still always beatable. And they are a nice draw for a lot of metro Atlantans. Give/sell cheap tickets to local HS bands.

We should try to have as many HBCUs as possible for these FCS games. And make sure they bring their band. They travel well, have a good tailgating culture, and are still always beatable. And they are a nice draw for a lot of metro Atlantans. Give/sell cheap tickets to local HS bands.

This has always been the way. GTAA just don’t seem to agree. Even when SCSt out drew every ACC home opponent except Clemson, the GTAA didn’t learn.

It’s unclear if it’s because we didn’t have mutual desire, or if we simply didn’t ask for any.
Its not unclear. We didn’t ask. Neither did Louisville. We’re the only two teams without partners.

In coming up with the new scheduling model, athletic directors from each school collaborated with the league to help determine the matchups they wanted to protect. Ultimately, the league ADs approved the new scheduling model. In the case of Georgia Tech and Louisville, both schools agreed they did not need any games protected, and that allowed the league more creativity and flexibility in arranging the entire schedule.

Its not unclear. We didn’t ask. Neither did Louisville. We’re the only two teams without partners.

I don’t think this means we didn’t ask anyone. I think it’s possible it means we were OK with being rejected by the teams we did ask and didn’t want a second chance at working out a deal with different schools.

This has always been the way. GTAA just don’t seem to agree. Even when SCSt out drew every ACC home opponent except Clemson, the GTAA didn’t learn.

We played SC State just last year (31k attended) and the only game with worse attendance was Bowling Green.

2010 with the first game as defending ACC Champs is a world away. Didn't help that the season went south really fast.

The only other one I remember was Alcorn State in 2018.

All that said still enough benefits that make HBCUs as cupcake opponents just make sense when we can.

We played SC State just last year (31k attended) and the only game with worse attendance was Bowling Green.

2010 with the first game as defending ACC Champs is a world away. Didn't help that the season went south really fast.

The only other one I remember was Alcorn State in 2018.

All that said still enough benefits that make HBCUs as cupcake opponents just make sense when we can.
we played SC St in 2010, Alabama A&M in 2013, Alcorn St in 2015, Alcorn St in 2018, and SC St in 2023.

Back