The Acceptance of Suck

OK?

Less of GT's income comes from the state than most people think. They've cut the budget dramatically over the past 5 years, and Clough and Peterson have done a hell of a job to not let that stop GT's growth as an international brand.

I don't think many Georgia Taxpayers would agree with using their taxes to fund international students. The reason there is not a stink about it is they do not know. Most people think if They are using Georgia Tax money, it should cater to Georgia students. This is a political time bomb and maybe an argument for a Private GT.

I don't think many Georgia Taxpayers would agree with using their taxes to fund international students. The reason there is not a stink about it is they do not know. Most people think if They are using Georgia Tax money, it should cater to Georgia students. This is a political time bomb and maybe an argument for a Private GT.

Hogwash.

International students already pay the
much higher Out-of-State tuition, which
basically no State contribution involved.

The fact is, the overall number of American students
EVEN CAPABLE of pursuing Hard Science and Engineering
is and has been going down for years now.

The number of students in Georgia that are EVEN CAPABLE
of pursuing Engineering is pathetically low , and a total indictment of pathetic state of high school and middle school education in this state.

It's why this State ranks 45th or in
education in this country.

Hogwash.

International students already pay the
much higher Out-of-State tuition, which
basically no State contribution involved.

The fact is, the overall number of American students
EVEN CAPABLE of pursuing Hard Science and Engineering
is and has been going down for years now.

The number of students in Georgia that are EVEN CAPABLE
of pursuing Engineering is pathetically low , and a total indictment of pathetic state of high school and middle school education in this state.

It's why this State ranks 45th or in
education in this country.

Agree. But the issue is taxpayer support, and Georgia Taxpayers will not want to pay for something that is not related to Georgia. I think GT is going to have to go private-for international research or merge with Georgia State and stay state supported. Georgia is hurting for money and spending is going to be cut over and over. Actually from a money saving standpoint, merging GT and GSU makes a lot of sense. I don't think out of state tuition even makes a dent in the cost of educating an OOS student. The Georgia taxpayers supplement them.

1460256_10102773787175110_1634286409_n.jpg

I totally disagree.

Tech is in a league of its own. I cannot think of another team that has been as mediocre as Tech over the past 16 years. The closest I can come up with is UGA, but they have had a few more 9+ win seasons than Tech.

Most teams have ups and downs. Tech has been evenly keeled mediocre.

We are better than mediocre. Pitt is mediocre. Syracuse is mediocre. We are on the membrane between mediocre and nationally recognized, because our coaching staff has pegged out the Engine and can't drive the car any faster than our neighbors (UGA, UF, FSU, Clem, USC, Bama, Auburn) who all are driving entirely different cars.

I do think CPJ is a good coach. Problem is, until he changes his way of offensive thinking, we're not gonna get the great players.

NO GREAT PLAYERS ARE COMING TO GEORGIA TECH AS A PATH TO THE NFL, REGARDLESS OF OFFENSIVE SYSTEM, BECAUSE GEORGIA TECH IS NOT A FUN SCHOOL TO ATTEND.

Jesus, H.

Stop saying that.

The path to "great players" starts with electing a GT Governor who will wipe out the UGA domination of the Board of Regents. Good luck with that.

NO GREAT PLAYERS ARE COMING TO GEORGIA TECH AS A PATH TO THE NFL, REGARDLESS OF OFFENSIVE SYSTEM, BECAUSE GEORGIA TECH IS NOT A FUN SCHOOL TO ATTEND.

Jesus, H.

Stop saying that.

The path to "great players" starts with electing a GT Governor who will wipe out the UGA domination of the Board of Regents. Good luck with that.

Calvin, Dwyer, Demaryius, Burnett, Walker, Smith, Wheeler? Off the top of my head, these are recent (pre CPJ) players who are in the NFL and whom most would consider great college players. Certainly they are far ahead of anyone we have recruited during the CPJ era, save Attaochu. I'm sure there are more I'm not thinking of too.

No doubt the school itself is a big problem, but I think you have a short memory if you don't think recruiting has gotten noticeably worse since CPJ was hired.

Now I don't know if that's an indictment of CPJ, his offensive system, or if it's a testament to Gailey and his staff, but it has happened

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Agree. But the issue is taxpayer support, and Georgia Taxpayers will not want to pay for something that is not related to Georgia. I think GT is going to have to go private-for international research or merge with Georgia State and stay state supported. Georgia is hurting for money and spending is going to be cut over and over. Actually from a money saving standpoint, merging GT and GSU makes a lot of sense. I don't think out of state tuition even makes a dent in the cost of educating an OOS student. The Georgia taxpayers supplement them.

"Something not related to Georgia" ??

Dude, WTF are you even talking about ??

I dont think you have an F-ing clue what you're talking about.

Out-of-State tuition...IS...the TRUE FULL COST.

In-State tuition is the state-subsidized tuition.

Can anyone on here confirm that alan71 isnt some troll?

IMO, David Braine was THE ABSOLUTE WORST hire the GTAA has made. EVER.

Braine hired CPH...and signed what is likely the SINGLE-WORST contract in GTAA history.

Braine hired C*** G*****. Another HORRIFIC hire for us.

IMO......

*Gailey was a S-H-I-*-*-Y coach is most aspects.
*CG was an AWFUL game-day coach. (2006 ACC-CG is all the proof needed)
*He never really wanted to coach be a D1 college coach.
*Gailey was "just passing time" to try to get BACK to the NFL.
*The assistants he fired/hired reflected an almost imbecilic style:
------CG fired Freidgen's protege, Bill O'Brien.
------CG hired pure idiot Pat Nix, who now coaches a high school team
*Too much recruiting credit goes to CG, when Giff Smith deserves much of it, esp 2007 class.

Braine set the ENTIRE GTAA back, operationally & financially, about 10+ years.

C*** G***** set the football program back 10+ years.

If you doubt all that, then I say......just look at the state of the program.

We are...ONLY NOW...after 10 years, crawling out of the hole Braine left the GTAA in.

Just imagine where we COULD HAVE BEEN.....without the TOTAL CLUSTER-F*** that was the Dave Braine administration...and its consequences.

BTW, check out Braine's LINKEDIN Page:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dbraine

Calvin, Dwyer, Demaryius, Burnett, Walker, Smith, Wheeler? Off the top of my head, these are recent (pre CPJ) players who are in the NFL and whom most would consider great college players.

Other than that one recruiting class (that achieved more under CPJ than they ever did under Gailey,) the rate of quality NFL caliber players per year we land is the same for both coaches, and is well under 25% of what UGA gets. Possibly as low as 10%. And based on our performance in the other ACCCG under Gailey, I fully expect that Burnett, Dwyer, and Nesbitt absolutely would NOT have won an ACCCG under Gailey.

The last time I saw the number quoted, the state gave us 18% of our funding. That is almost joke as far as being "state funded".

Those of you who think we need to keep our heads down and aspire to be the MIT of the south, "an international research" school are just Chamberlain's appeasing Hitler. The UGAy dominated regents are slowly strangling the ENTIRE rest of the university system for the benefit of Georgie. They want it to be Snow White and the 37 dwarves.

They extorted an Athens campus out of the Medical College of GA and when they protested they changed its very identity and merged it with a regional.

They are summarily executing/eradicating SPSU to eliminate competition for their new engineering program. They are expanding UGAy while forcing smaller schools to consolidate to save money.

And they use their athletic program as the consolidating factor for public support to do all this. THATS WHY ATHLETICS MATTERS. We are not only losing football games, we are losing the respect of the state of GA public when we lose fans.

But that's OK, sit back and hope it ain't so. Maybe Hitler will go away.

the last time i saw the number quoted, the state gave us 18% of our funding. That is almost joke as far as being "state funded".

Those of you who think we need to keep our heads down and aspire to be the mit of the south, "an international research" school are just chamberlain's appeasing hitler. the ugay dominated regents are slowly strangling the entire rest of the university system for the benefit of georgie. They want it to be snow white and the 37 dwarves.

They extorted an athens campus out of the medical college of ga and when they protested they changed its very identity and merged it with a regional.

They are summarily executing/eradicating spsu to eliminate competition for their new engineering program. They are expanding ugay while forcing smaller schools to consolidate to save money.

And they use their athletic program as the consolidating factor for public support to do all this. Thats why athletics matters. We are not only losing football games, we are losing the respect of the state of ga public when we lose fans.

But that's ok, sit back and hope it ain't so. Maybe hitler will go away.

This...ALL OF THIS...is the absolute F-ing truth.

Other than that one recruiting class (that achieved more under CPJ than they ever did under Gailey,) the rate of quality NFL caliber players per year we land is the same for both coaches, and is well under 25% of what UGA gets. Possibly as low as 10%. And based on our performance in the other ACCCG under Gailey, I fully expect that Burnett, Dwyer, and Nesbitt absolutely would NOT have won an ACCCG under Gailey.

Here's the data you're looking for.

# of NFL draft picks from Tech by year (going back to 2000)

Year - # of NFL draft picks

2000 - 3
2001 - 0
2002 - 2
2003 - 1
2004 - 5
2005 - 0
2006 - 3
2007 - 2
2008 - 2
2009 - 4
2010 - 4
2011 - 1
2012 - 1

13 year average = 2.15/yr

Maybe it's more than just the offense. :cool:

Going back to the original thread title, I think you are seeing more folks caring less and less about the loss. Just from my observations of chatter on social media, print and talk radio, I have seen a sharp decline in "caring" the past 3 years. I am curios if this will translate towards ticket sales and if sales do go down, will anything of substance be done?

Going back to the original thread title, I think you are seeing more folks caring less and less about the loss. Just from my observations of chatter on social media, print and talk radio, I have seen a sharp decline in "caring" the past 3 years. I am curios if this will translate towards ticket sales and if sales do go down, will anything of substance be done?

People are just starting to accept that no matter how good we are or how ööööty the dawgs are in a given year, we have absolutely no reason to ever expect a win against them. It's a truly sad state of affairs but it is what it is and it won't be changing anytime soon.

People are just starting to accept that no matter how good we are or how ööööty the dawgs are in a given year, we have absolutely no reason to ever expect a win against them. It's a truly sad state of affairs but it is what it is and it won't be changing anytime soon.

Unfortunately, this is true today. Tech and our fans just simply refuse to use their heads and find ways that helps us compete. As I have argued forever, we should be playing them the first game of the year or dropping them completely.

I have coached a lot of sports over the years. At top levels you can not compete without two deep competitive at every position. We lose every year simply because we end up with AT MOST one deep at every position and of late this number is getting worse every year. We lost this game simply due to numbers. (Note that the ridiculous progress to degree rule that was strongly supported by Tech doesn't let us take a JC transfer either. So if we have a hole to plug we are completely unable. Every football school has ten times the opportunity to plug holes annually.)

By the time we get to the end of the year we are a beaten up thin football team. The simplest answer to this issue is to play them early in the year.

There are many other things we could do but Tech and her fans like to face an overwhelming opponent face on instead of changing tactics, adapting, flanking, etc. The single biggest problem I have with all this is that Tech and her fans do exactly the opposite from what is taught on campus in engineering and business.

You lose fans for being a dumbass more than anything else.

I would never disagree that CPJ is a better coach than Gailey. I was at every home game to watch Gailey squander an incredibly talented 2006 team, one that had the talent to be an MNC darkhorse candidate.

But I'm surprised about your NFL players comment; what NFL caliber (as in capable of having a solid, multi year career in the NFL) players would you say CPJ has landed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, this is true today. Tech and our fans just simply refuse to use their heads and find ways that helps us compete. As I have argued forever, we should be playing them the first game of the year or dropping them completely.

I have coached a lot of sports over the years. At top levels you can not compete without two deep competitive at every position. We lose every year simply because we end up with AT MOST one deep at every position and of late this number is getting worse every year. We lost this game simply due to numbers. (Note that the ridiculous progress to degree rule that was strongly supported by Tech doesn't let us take a JC transfer either. So if we have a hole to plug we are completely unable. Every football school has ten times the opportunity to plug holes annually.)

By the time we get to the end of the year we are a beaten up thin football team. The simplest answer to this issue is to play them early in the year.

There are many other things we could do but Tech and her fans like to face an overwhelming opponent face on instead of changing tactics, adapting, flanking, etc. The single biggest problem I have with all this is that Tech and her fans do exactly the opposite from what is taught on campus in engineering and business.

You lose fans for being a dumbass more than anything else.

Playing them the first game of the year this year would have meant us being slaughtered by a team with Aaron Murray, a pre-injury Todd Gurley, Keith Marshall, Malcom Mitchell, Michael Bennett, Justin Scott-Wesley, Chris Conley, and Jay Rome.

Back