The adage always applies

Buzzfalcon

Zod-Like
No matter your skill position players . The better you are closer to the ball…

Both of the announcers were annoying tonight and I usually try to ignore them - but couldn't tonight form their continued badgering. I don't think either one of them is smart enough to understand what its like to be a small school playing a bohemth. Mcelroy is from Bama which throws the diploma in as you drive by and Sean went to Syracuse which he thinks is Harvard - haha.

Maybe they could tell us a few more times how bad our fans suck and how the inbred gagers outnumbered us 3-1 in our own stadium.

Both of the announcers were annoying tonight and I usually try to ignore them - but couldn't tonight form their continued badgering. I don't think either one of them is smart enough to understand what its like to be a small school playing a bohemth. Mcelroy is from Bama which throws the diploma in as you drive by and Sean went to Syracuse which he thinks is Harvard - haha.
They were awful and had clearly been given an agenda. Their constant criticism of Key got bizarre when during our last drive, when we had just driven inside the red zone and were moving forward, the announcers randomly started criticizing Key for not having called designed King runs on that possession.

I have said this in a million different ways before, but sports commentary/play-by-play has taken an incredibly sharp dive - in every conceivable way - for the worse over the last 15-20 years. Neither the people in charge nor the commentators themselves have any incentive to improve their quality or change the terrible trajectory along which the profession rockets headlong into obsolescence, and so it will only get worse. I have been making great use of the Tech fan app's radio stream for our football and basketball games and the Varsity radio app is good for most of the college football games on a given Saturday. Our radio broadcasts are great, lots of other schools are not at all good, but if you are looking for an alternative to the mind-eroding monologues of Mark Jones and his many endlessly-masticating mutant spawn, I can recommend it as easily worth the slight hassle.

They were awful and had clearly been given an agenda. Their constant criticism of Key got bizarre when during our last drive, when we had just driven inside the red zone and were moving forward, the announcers randomly started criticizing Key for not having called designed King runs on that possession.

I have said this in a million different ways before, but sports commentary/play-by-play has taken an incredibly sharp dive - in every conceivable way - for the worse over the last 15-20 years. Neither the people in charge nor the commentators themselves have any incentive to improve their quality or change the terrible trajectory along which the profession rockets headlong into obsolescence, and so it will only get worse. I have been making great use of the Tech fan app's radio stream for our football and basketball games and the Varsity radio app is good for most of the college football games on a given Saturday. Our radio broadcasts are great, lots of other schools are not at all good, but if you are looking for an alternative to the mind-eroding monologues of Mark Jones and his many endlessly-masticating mutant spawn, I can recommend it as easily worth the slight hassle.
Doesn't Sean Bedford do the color commentary on the radio calls?

Maybe they could tell us a few more times how bad our fans suck and how the inbred gagers outnumbered us 3-1 in our own stadium.
Well when you go to Alabama and Syracuse you repeat yourself a lot since you rarely have anything intelligent to say.
I don't hate Syracuse but hate Shaun - have for a long, long time - I usually tolerate him but last night he was intolerable

I think he quit a few years ago. Been Joe Ham for a while now, IIRC.

JRjr
Correct. Andy and Joe are great, wouldn't trade them for anyone I've heard doing radio today. It can get a tad sloppy but they are our guys, they get it, and they care as much as we do and it shows. Unlike many other broadcasters, I never find myself asking "but what happened?" while they react among themselves. Oregon's radio guys Friday night may as well have been two buddies watching from the stands, some plays only got a "Oh! Oh ho ho ho! He- ha ha oh my!" with the description of the play following (or not) in various degrees of detail.

Have you got a link to the above? Thanks.

I was actually thinking about trying to tune it to the one FAAAAAARRRR away radio station that carried GT Football in our are of SOWEGA.

Have you got a link to the above? Thanks.

I was actually thinking about trying to tune it to the one FAAAAAARRRR away radio station that carried GT Football in our are of SOWEGA.
LINK

The feed itself never seems to suffer from any discernible delay, which is kind of odd but obviously great, and makes it easier to sync with a television or video stream. The app has come a long, long way over the last two years, so kudos to whoever is responsible for that.

Back