The Case for Thacker

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
I still think he is a bright young coach. I am not enough of an expert to say this mess is all on him.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
I don’t have a case for Thacker, but he is our fifth DC since Tenuta and they have all sucked despite having success elsewhere (even Roof @PSU and Auburn!) that suggests to me the issue is not the guy calling plays.
Feels like 10 DCs since Tenuta; I dn't want to count them though

murrayjacket

Damn Good Rat
He'll be 50 next year, this is his 4th season as a head coach, and he's been coaching college football for 27 years. Better days are ahead but I'm not buying this "young new coach" BS; I decided when he was hired to continue to support the program, buy tickets, and reserve judgement until his 3rd season, and I haven't changed my mind.
Pretty sure he means Thacker, not Collins.

BuzzFeitenSystem

It’s Raining BigCrys
Collins was a DC at Florida and miss st... and pretty successful (better talent) and supposedly a DB whisperer.. in all honesty I’m not worried at all ....he just needs his guys here

whether you can recruit elite D lineman consistently to Tech remains to be seen

Walton

Damn Good Rat
I think we are totally outmanned on the LOS and it allows the offense to simplify their game planning and not have to worry about doing anything outside their comfort zone.

I guess I know we are but I think it is talent and not a coaching issue.

I can’t quite figure out how we are worse this year than last.

I’ll be patience but it is concerning.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
He’s pleasant. He speaks intelligently.

Maybe he knows what he’s doing. But I’m seeing a lot of defensive players out of position on the initial snap.
Their shoulders are rotated in the wrong direction dozens of times per game, and that’s independent of their being relatively slow to begin with.

johncu

Dodd-Like
We can’t chalk up our failures to talent when we’re losing to Syracuse and getting assblasted by Boston College. We have at least as much talent as both of those teams, and recruiting rankings suggest that we have significantly more.

Our guys look like they don’t know what they’re doing, and they pretty consistently make stupid mistakes. Ultimately it all falls on Collins, so it’s up to him to figure out what’s causing the problems and fix it.

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Always thought Burton was kind of clueless but then again, I'm not a coach