The CFB Avengers

Iron Buzz is all that's needed. I don't see how anyone could sue over something that obviously isn't Iron Man. If that were the case, any comic drawing of a guy in a suit of armor would be a problem.

Anyone can sue over anything, really. As an aside, I think about the lawsuits by King last year. Some developer named King made a game called Candy Crush Saga and then proceeded to sue the crap out of anyone who had any of those three words in the name of their game. Things sort of reached a head when they sued the makers of a game called the Banner Saga over trademarks. Candy Crush is a mobile 'puzzle game' about candy, Banner Saga is a desktop strategy game about Vikings. They literally intersect nowhere except the word 'Saga' in the title. As luck would have it, the word 'Saga' has ancient Icelandic (read: Viking) roots, in that the original histories of the Icelandic people are called 'Sagas'. It's so much more appropriate for Banner Saga than it ever was for Candy Crush Saga that it's not even funny, and by a dozen or so centuries, King missed the boat on doing it first. To compound that problem for King, almost nobody who references the game ever speaks, writes, or types the word 'Saga' when referring to the game, they usually just call it Candy Crush.

Rather than King being totally defeated in court because of their ridiculous litigation, King and Stoic actually settled amicably, which I find to be pretty ridiculous on the whole, even if the legalese arguments played out in some way that made sense at the time.

Not really related to this situation a whole lot, just a bit of a ramble.

Anyone can sue over anything, really. As an aside, I think about the lawsuits by King last year. Some developer named King made a game called Candy Crush Saga and then proceeded to sue the crap out of anyone who had any of those three words in the name of their game. Things sort of reached a head when they sued the makers of a game called the Banner Saga over trademarks. Candy Crush is a mobile 'puzzle game' about candy, Banner Saga is a desktop strategy game about Vikings. They literally intersect nowhere except the word 'Saga' in the title. As luck would have it, the word 'Saga' has ancient Icelandic (read: Viking) roots, in that the original histories of the Icelandic people are called 'Sagas'. It's so much more appropriate for Banner Saga than it ever was for Candy Crush Saga that it's not even funny, and by a dozen or so centuries, King missed the boat on doing it first. To compound that problem for King, almost nobody who references the game ever speaks, writes, or types the word 'Saga' when referring to the game, they usually just call it Candy Crush.

Rather than King being totally defeated in court because of their ridiculous litigation, King and Stoic actually settled amicably, which I find to be pretty ridiculous on the whole, even if the legalese arguments played out in some way that made sense at the time.

Not really related to this situation a whole lot, just a bit of a ramble.

csb

Back