The CFP National Championship Game Presented by AT&T

Saban is one of the best gameplanners. Ohio State beating Bama should've been more of a wake up call to the CFB world that this team was really really legit.

2015-01-10.jpg

My play is the over, but I think Oregon is going to win.
Interesting concept ... :rotfl:

This was one helluva year ... Looking forward to the 2015 season ... :biggrin:

Oregon

1,000,000 uniform combinations.

0 national championships.

Ohio State was still hiding their ultimate weapon in that game. If Cardale played Ohio state would've won by 60.

Maybe. But the difference in that game with the Hokies was not the QB or Elliot. The Hokies destroyed the Buckeye offensive line. They sacked Barrett 7 (yes 7) times and they held Elliot (230 against bama and 246 tonight) to 32 yards. Look it up.

ohio state was the better team and it wasn't even remotely close. congrats to the buckeyes

Ohio State just had too long to prepare for Oregon's offense. When you have more than one week to prepare, you can really shut that offense down.

So, I guess this drags the entire country into the ACC circle of suck.

Maybe. But the difference in that game with the Hokies was not the QB or Elliot. The Hokies destroyed the Buckeye offensive line. They sacked Barrett 7 (yes 7) times and they held Elliot (230 against bama and 246 tonight) to 32 yards. Look it up.

I don't need to look it up, and my post was in jest.

Yeah, Ohio State replaced a lot of starters on O-Line they were bound to get better as the season progressed, playing VPI with an unseasoned O-Line and a still raw JT Barret was a recipe for disaster.

If Ohio State didn't have 5 red zone turnovers this game would have been over at the half.

This ^^^^^^

tOSU could have easily scored 35 in the first half if they hadn't given the ball away. Oregon had no answer for the tOSU rushing attack.

The best thing that happened to Oregon was that they were paired against FSU in the semifinal, because I think Bama would have worn them out in the same manner.

congrats Mover2, on winning the StingTalk BowlMania contest!!

it was a pretty close contest at the top

the top 10:
1 MOF 2MoverII 504
2* Lurkerjackgt 1Lurkerjackgt 494
2* GTbroc 1GTbroc 494
4 gt7282c 1gt7282c 490
5 GaTech'06CWPizzle 487
6 johncujohncu22 469
7 78pike 178pike 467
8 GGGTGG1429 461
9 kkrigline 1kkrigline 458
10 gatechsailorgatechsailor 456

i finished just out of the top10 in position #11. Salter, the braggard, finished in 30th place despite his "plan on winning it all"

If the dumbass media had actually been honest, instead of desperately trying to game the system, we would've had (presumably)

#1 FSU losing to #4 OSU in the Sugar and #2 Bama beating #3 Oregon in the Rose. They tried to game it for Alabama, cause they assumed OSU was the worst of the four and because they didn't want to challenge Bama with actually playing an away game.

I think we would've seen better games. People underestimate the challenge of the west coast travel on an east coast team. Bama facing that and a neutral at best crowd would've given Oregon a chance. Maybe FSU doesn't wet the bed without the added challenge of the time zones and the hostile crowd.

Still, here we are in year one where disrespected team '4a' wins, and disrespected team 4b looks like a better team, and more worthy of a shot, than Bama and Oregon.

I'm gonna leave out FSU. TCU looks better than FSU, but they were not more worthy of a shot. Undefeated earns a shot. That has to be a fact.

Oh yeah, and Smoking Ducks are idiots. Hope those joints were wicked good.

If Ohio State didn't have 5 red zone turnovers this game would have been over at the half.

Slow down, Oregon players dropped 3 crucial 3rd down passes as well. I still think OSU wins by 2 TDs given how their O and D lines man-handled Oregon, but it would have been over at like the 10 minute mark in the 3rd quarter, not the half.

Oh yeah, and Smoking Ducks are idiots. Hope those joints were wicked good.

There's no way a few more WRs were going to help Oregon that much. That game would have been the same because WRs don't stop you from getting pwned along the DL and OL.

Oregon's entire philosophy of a program is gonna make it crazy hard for them to win it all because you're eventually going to go up against a team that pounds you along the front. They play so fast on O they have to compensate in recruiting with a smaller, quicker D because they're on the field for 70+ plays. So, they're susceptible to a power run game, which teams with a good/great OL are going to be more than willing to do.

As a Tech fan, I'd take their success in a heartbeat, but if you're looking to win it all, that philosophy makes it hard to finish the drill in my opinion.

OSU's next game is Mon., Sep. 7th, at VT. Maybe the turkeys can buy their way out of that rematch.

Turkeys gonna shock the world.

No seriously, they'll do just fine. Quality defense, and they certainly won't spend the offseason in lala land. They will be ready.

Back