The CLEM, VANDY, NCST, WF, & MD Games Will Give Us...

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
a good idea of Gailey's ability to lead a major college football program. We have the talent to win some of those games and the young kids like Wrotto & Ball should be improving. If we win a few and even in the setbacks, the young players are enthusiastic and act eager to learn, then we'll know we have the right coach and it will not take 3 years to get back on track. Face it, a kid like Wrotto will be unbelieveable with another year of maturity and weight training. He'll go from a kid out of the high school weight room to a BAD MAN.

BUT!! If we see finger pointing, loafing, lack of desire, and overall poor attitude, then we'll know that this coaching staff cannot inspire and lead. There will be no need in wasting time with some five year plan for the sake of giving the man a chance. O'Leary never had a 3-8 or 4-7 season, it did not take him three years to win 6 games and look what he had to take over! I'm willing to give Gailey a mulligan because of the wicked wench, but again, I do expect to see a get after it attitude. Otherwise we need to make a change and get one of those coaches doing so well at UCF, UCONN, or S. FL., but make darn sure he can recruit at a school like TECH! I hate to use the coach over there at the CESSPOOL as an example, but the program would not be starting over with someone of that character. Tech could be a very special place with the right man. I left my freshmen daughter up there this fall and was thoroughly impressed with the place.

South Georgia Jacket

Over there at the Cesspool they churn out NFL caliber players every year. Georgia Tech does not. I hate to say it but Richt inherited a much more talented team than CCG did. I don't believe that Richt would be doing any better with GT than Gailey is. Give Gailey a chance to play his own players and we'll see how he does.

Richt's 1st UGA team was not a whole lot more talented than Gailey's first. They did not have a great RB, had a R-FR at QB, and a decent line. The difference is they did not quit on the season like we did last year. Like I said, I'm willing to give Gailey a mulligan this year only if the team fights, gives it 100%, and wins the games we should. If we spiral down hill and the players' quit, then a change of leadership will be needed. We will be able to tell if the ship is slowly turning back into the right direction regardless of the record. Remember, we know from experience the BL syndrom.

South Georgia Jacket

Originally posted by ccujacket:
I hate to say it but Richt inherited a much more talented team than CCG did. I don't believe that Richt would be doing any better with GT than Gailey is.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
You don't really believe that about Richt not doing a better job if at Tech, do you? What do you base that opinion on?
BOO

There is no reason to disbelieve it. Richt's first year was not that fabulous, and he had more players.

I can't imagine how you could NOT believe it unless you were a muttfan.

In a certain way I agree, Reicht was working with a lot of talent at UGA. But, it was young. He took over a team that lost several talented starters, six of whom were drafted (two DTs taken in the first round). Generally, you don't figure on having a great season when you lose two defensive lineman and your quarterback. But, he did about the same as Donnan his first year.

What would Reicht have done at GT? No one knows. I suspect that we would have DJ Shockley as our starting quarterback. (He is close friends with Shockley's dad). Other than that I cannot say.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ccujacket:
I hate to say it but Richt inherited a much more talented team than CCG did. I don't believe that Richt would be doing any better with GT than Gailey is.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">.
You don't really believe that about Richt not doing a better job if at Tech, do you? What do you base that opinion on?
BOO
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">No, you're right Mark Richt is the best coach ever and Chan's a loser.
rolleyes.gif

All Richt has proven is that he can win with a team that perenially recruits top 10. I don't see success at UGAg translating into success at GT. Lets see what happens when CCG's recruits are filling up all the positions.

Hold it fellas, my original post at the top was not to compare GT and UGA, the point I was trying to make is I think this team needs to demonstrate some heart, get better, and be enthusisastic for us to know we have the right coach. No need in wasting another year if we all know in our hearts' that we are heading for another BL era and believe me we'll know. Of course I'm hoping that by mid season I'll feel good about the direction of our program, I may not like the record but if I see we will be winning again within a year I can handle it.

South Georgia Jacket

ccujacket,

If we wait to do something until Chan has all his players in the lineup, it may be too late.
behead.gif

of course, those games will prove Gailey's worth...that is practically the whole season.

..some of these comments comparing Richt and Gailey at this point are unbelievable...truly gold colored glasses if you want to convince yourself of that.

Also, in Richt's second year, he won the SEC title, a very tough league. Some with his players some with the former coach's. Something their former coach couldn't even do WITH all of his players that had all the talent you speak of that Richt inherited. geez...

Gailey has us on a three, soon to be four game skid. BYU and Fresno State games were pitiful. Ugag, well, we all know there was no leadership in that one. Flunkgate happened on his watch...and he still was losing without leadership even before that occured.

Recruiting last year was weak overall. If we have another poor season, recruiting will get even worse. This comes at a time when many of our ACC sisters are raising the bar with their programs, not to mention Miami and VT coming in.

Gailey shows no leadership. No winning tradition. No enthusism.

Back