The Difference between GOL and Smith...

bugboy

Damn Good Rat
When the GOL fiasco came out into the open, I was really angry at him and felt cheapened by his lies. Why? Not only did he lie about the Letters in football...but he, as an employee of an academic institution, lied about his academic background. It seems that he also initiated the fibs on his own and never tried to correct them.

Being an employee of GT and lieing about your academic record is serious, IMO. I work for an insurance company. If I make up some fake Insurance Industry credentials for my resume, then that's grounds for dismissal and being blackballed from my industry. That type of misrepresentation is more serious than the fake "letters" from UNH that GOL also claimed...and never straightened out until caught.

The thing about Smith is he at least tried to change the inaccuracies. Can't blame him if he tried to change the media bio and someone else didn't want to. OTOH, GOL never attempted to straighten out his record.

I think for that reason alone, Smith deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Now, if we investigate his BIO further and find other inaccuracies, let's can him...especially if he "faked" a degree. For now, I say keep the man.

Bugboy
pat.gif

Back