The Difference Between This Year's Team After 7 Games And...

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
The Difference Between This Year\'s Team After 7 Games And...

last year's team after 7 games is huge when it comes to enthusiasm, tenacity, and a winning attitude. I believe the leadership those players exhibited when they went to Chan's office and backed him 100% may have turned this program around. I also credit Chan because evidently those players respect him and see the geninue care he has for them. I think the coaches and players have done a great job in committing themselves to getting better, just look back at how this team looked against BYU and the way they look now. After the BYU game, I really thought we would be lucky to win a game or two. You know, I would love to win 9 - 12 games year in and year out but I have really enjoyed watching this team get better and better and love their attitude. I believe three years from now Chan will be the first one to tell you that the meeting the players had with him during the preseason this year was HUGE!

South Georgia Jacket

Re: The Difference Between This Year\'s Team After 7 Games And...

Your key word was Leadership... good coaching is a must, thats for sure.. but there has to be some accountability on the kids part as well. fire in the belly to play ball.. and the discipline and determination to stay in school..

It probably could be a combination of factors but your guess is a good start.My choice is the day CG decided to bite the bullet and put Ball as THE QB in the summer(and cut his losses with DBo).That took a pair.

I don't know any of the kids that flunked out, and I wish them all well.

Its been stated before, but could it be that that mess actually acted as a bonding agent for the team that remained?
I don't know what the chemistry of the team was like last year, but it sure seems pretty positive this year.

On the surface, I give individual credit to the following, and there are more:
Gailey
Tenuta
RB (he is unbelievable)
PJ
Jon Smith
Linebackers

and the spiritual assistant coach that keeps everybody up!

I also give indirect credit to Bill OBrien. Lets give him a big Yellow Jacket welcome next Thursday night!

Back