The Fumble heard round the world!

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
'99 GT/UGAg game on ESPN Classic. Into Overtime period. It was STILL a fumble!

Cheers,

RW4L
drinking.gif

Certainly, that probably will go down as our (Tech's) biggest "fumble play" either positive or negative.

However, since you titled this thread "the fumble heard round the world", it got me thinking of fumbles that were more important on a National Perspective. Thus, I came up with this nomination as the "Top Fumble" in NCAA history:

Arkansas QB (I think it was Clint Stoerner) has the game won over heavily favored Tennessee and fumbles while trying to run out the clock. Tennessee, a sure loser in this game, recovers, comes back to win the game, and runs the table to win the National Championship.

Any other nominations?

To a much smaller degree....Nate "The Great" Kelsey's fumble in the closing minute at UNC to seal a road loss, and Joe Burns fumble against Maryland a couple of years ago at BDS.
BOO

Not one that's widely remembered, but this has to be one of the biggest goofs in college football history (it's Donnan-esque
).

UNLV, who last week snapped a 16-game losing streak, got an improbable gift Saturday night when Kevin Thomas returned a fumble 100 yards for a touchdown on the final play of the game to lift UNLV to a 27-24 victory over Baylor.

Baylor (0-2), with a first down at the UNLV 8, was ahead 24-21 with less than 20 seconds left and UNLV with no timeouts.

A knee to the turf after the snap would have won the game for the Bears.

With RB Darrel Bush struggling to get into the end zone, linebacker Tyler Brickell converged on him, forcing a fumble at the 1, and Thomas picked up the ball a yard deep in the end zone.

Thomas scampered down the left sideline untouched, racing past a jubilant Rebels' bench as 32,272 fans stood stunned. Dazed Baylor players were left kneeling on the field, some with their heads on the turf.

"It was just stupid on my part. We were trying to create an attitude of toughness and we tried to hammer it in. It was one-in-a-million for something like that to happen," Steele continued. "We got burned and I take full responsibility for it.

http://unlvrebels.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/091199aaa.html
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">
pat.gif
laugh.gif

Baylor has always been a laughingstock in Texas.Easy to see why. Those yayhoos make Climpson look sophisticated.

Back