"The Georgia Game Will Not Define . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
our season."

I disagree with coach but lets assume he's correct. I'd like to get some discussion but go a different direction.

If it doesn't define our season, why not move the Georgia to the middle of the schedule. At least that way it also stands less chance of it defining our off-season. I absolutely hate having a non-conference rival game sitting between our clinching of the Coastal and the ACCG.

Let's play Clemson at the end of the season and both schools can move the game with their non-conference in-state rival. If we're more committed to getting ACC wins then let's put the dawgs somewhere else on the schedule so we have a single-minded focus coming down the home stretch.

[apologies to MOF2 for the title similarities, I wanted to see if we could generate any discussion on looking at that statement differently]

He is simply trying to elevate our expectations beyond that of trying to beat UGAg every year. When we finally get there we will be less sensitive to the 'occasional' upset by the UGAg. When it comes to rivalries someone once said 'S*** Happens'

Coachspeak---it does define us. And more often than not the definition is disappointment. Maybe the silver lining is that the wins are extra special, I don't know. Look at Vandy and Kentucly against Tennessee. Or Duke against Carolina. Or Purdue against ND. Tulane against LSU for decades. Why do they continue to perservere?

I agree that moving the game somewhere else on the schedule is a good idea. As bad as I feel today, I would have been over it pretty quickly if we played them to start the season and then moved on to conference play.

The conference result matters more on a Nat'l stage, but we all know dealing w/their inbred fans makes life miserable around the holidays.

our season."

I disagree with coach but lets assume he's correct. I'd like to get some discussion but go a different direction.

If it doesn't define our season, why not move the Georgia to the middle of the schedule. At least that way it also stands less chance of it defining our off-season. I absolutely hate having a non-conference rival game sitting between our clinching of the Coastal and the ACCG.

Let's play Clemson at the end of the season and both schools can move the game with their non-conference in-state rival. If we're more committed to getting ACC wins then let's put the dawgs somewhere else on the schedule so we have a single-minded focus coming down the home stretch.

[apologies to MOF2 for the title similarities, I wanted to see if we could generate any discussion on looking at that statement differently]

No apology needed sir. I actually like the idea of moving it somewhere else int he schedule. The UGAy game will always be the most important IMO, but moving it somewhere else could both teams focus on rest of season and conference implications.

Michigan - Michigan State

Iowa - Iowa State

UCLA - CAL

Colorado - Colorado State

For many of these they are not necessarily their biggest rivalry game, but these are just off the top of my head some of the in-state rivals that play at a different point in the season than the last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back