The Hate Week Armory

gtcu17

Dodd-Like
Damn, this game was magical. Makes me miss Dwyer.

[y]aq46H9ThXYw[/y]
the Touchdown-2PC-Fumble-Touchdown resulted in a situation where I was so excited I literally did not know how to react. There was just no word, expression, nor action that I could use, aside from screaming and jumping up and down like a little girl on Christmas.

wagnes

Varsity Lurker
Damn, this game was magical. Makes me miss Dwyer.

[y]aq46H9ThXYw[/y]
Yes!! It was of the greatest quarters of GT football that I've seen. Plus it was the last time we played the mutts with a noon kickoff.

just sayin...

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Can someone post the baseball picture with the "Our future employees" sign?

etc79

Dodd-Like
Holy shi.t!! You are a god send....forget what they all say about you....you are awesome!!:wink:

southendzoneBEE

Gailey-Like
Take me

Videos:
1984 - John Dewberry TD Run

1985 - Gary Lee's KR Touchdown; Al Ciraldo's Call
1985 - Gary Lee's KR Touchdown; Television Broadcast, Better Quality

1989 - 1st Half Highlights
1989 - 2nd Half Highlights

1990 - Bobby Rodriguez 48 yard TD
1990 - Bobby Rodriguez 25 yard TD
1990 - Jones-Merchant TD pass

1998 - Long Hamilton-Campbell TD pass
1998 - Final Tech drive; Larry Munson's call
1998 - Brad Chambers game-winning field goal; Wes Durham's call

1999 - Hamilton-Campbell TD pass; Wes Durham's call
1999 - Jasper Sanks' fumble; ABC Broadcast
1999 - Hester's OT INT to Manget's GW FG; ABC Broadcast
1999 - Hester's OT Interception; Wes Durham's call
1999 - Manget's game-winning kick; Wes Durham's call

2000 - Collins's monster hit causes Cory Phillips to fumble; CBS Broadcast
2000 - Goose Is Loose; CBS Broadcast
2000 - Godsey-Watkins TD pass; CBS Broadcast
2000 - Daryl Smith's INT TD; CBS Broadcast
2000 - End of game and Godsey's "3 in a row!"
2000 - The Classic Larry Munson Compilation

2008 - Morgan Burnett's INT TD; CBS Broadcast
2008 - Dwyer's half-opening 60 yard TD; CBS Broadcast
2008 - Dwyer's half-opening 60 yard TD; Wes Durham's call
2008 - Dwyer's half-opening 60 yard TD; UGAg radio broadcast
2008 - Roddy Jones' diving touchdown; CBS Broadcast
2008 - Samuel's Fumble, JD's go-ahead touchdown run; CBS Broadcast
2008 - Samuel's Fumble, JD's go-ahead touchdown run; Wes Durham's call
2008 - Samuel's Fumble, JD's go-ahead touchdown run; UGAg radio broadcast
2008 - Sideline comparison; CBS Broadcast
2008 - Roddy Jones' game-winning TD run; CBS Broadcast
2008 - Roddy Jones' game-winning TD run; Wes Durham's call
2008 - Roddy Jones' game-winning TD run; UGAg radio broadcast
2008 - The Streak is OVER!; CBS Broadcast
2008 - The Streak is OVER!; Wes Durham's call
2008 - Sportscenter Recap
2008 - College GameDay Final Montage and Highlights

Collected all the Tech>UGAg videos I could find on YouTube for your use in the trenches this week. Feel free to add pictures or any other videos.

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!

etc79

Dodd-Like
Still amazes me how well Nesbitt read the option in 2008.....way better than any of our current QBs do now...

This isn't merely a football rivalry. U[sic]GA has tried, since Tech's founding, to destroy GT. They've cut off funding for decades at a time. Tried to force our presidents out. Tried to manage our campus. And we've beaten them every time despite their, at times, complete control of the legislature.

At the end of the day, they don't even do 8 figures of research a year. We're one of the top 25 research universities in the world. They aren't even top 150 in this country.

When we got the one of the first ROTC-predecessor programs in the country, they threw a parade and called our military men cowards.

When we were about to become a land grant school, they lobbied Congress to limit states to only one land grant school.

Our management degree is a comparatively young program to their business school. And yet, it is already ranked far ahead of theirs.

When they got tired of losing to us in football, they poured everything they had into sports. Academics went out the window over there. for sports. Because that is the only thing they can hope to beat us at and they know it.

There is no academic comparison.

They are hardly the third best school in the state of Georgia.

If we stopped playing football against U[sic]GA tomorrow, I'd still hate them.

Yes, I would like us to beat them in football. But football is hardly the point. That's the only game they have. Off that field we play in leagues their school won't ever be a part of. They know it. And that is why their alumni hate us. Their sidewalk fans couldn't differentiate between toilet paper and a U[sic]GA degree. Why would I care what they think?

But as to football, they've got their one national title. We have four. Heisman and Dodd coached here. Their highlight is Vince Dooley.

They lead the series by twenty games? Big deal. We've won more national titles. We've one a national title in my lifetime. They haven't.

They have a stadium that was designed by an architect who got fired while working on the abomination that is UNC's stadium. Their corridors are far to narrow. They grow a weed, like 10 other SEC schools around their field and believe they have something special.

Their mascot is inbred, and lacks discernable genitals. It is a disgusting abomination of an animal unworthy to be called a canine. And they revel in the fact that their weakling creature is an all-white genetic eunuch that can't breathe.

The fact that they've won more games lately doesn't make me want to trade places. Because if we ever start to dominate the series, they will fall to pieces. Because since they made the decision to focus everything they had on beating us, back in the late 50's, that is all they've had. And once that is gone, they'll have nothing but fifty years, a substandard school, and a large unremarkable stadium with drainage problems.
I still believe this should be added to the armory. Bravo, TechSBP.

brian22

Varsity Lurker
Still amazes me how well Nesbitt read the option in 2008.....way better than any of our current QBs do now...
Easy to say that when you're watching a highlight film. Nesbitt's size and strength often saved his missed reads.

lonestarjacket

Dodd-Like
Easy to say that when you're watching a highlight film. Nesbitt's size and strength often saved his missed reads.
Nesbitt was horrible running the option in 2008 for most of the year. Our biggest plays were broken plays by Dwyer or Nesbitt improvising. Jaybo executed the offense better than Nesbitt; he just was not enough of an individual threat against good teams.

And our plays were much more limited in 2008 as well. We have got to have 20% to 30% more plays this year, not counting the pistol plays.

I think Vad, as a redshirt freshman, runs the TO package better than Nesbitt or Washington at this stage of development. And that is a good thing because he is also more physically gifted than either of them.