The Hive

I have read the posts on this topic and I thought I would give my 2 cents.

I enjoy the hive myself and it is basically a one liner community. You get in and get out and they DO NOT take prisoners. I have also faced RR's wrath for an after the Maryland game post.

But there is NO DOUBT that RR's heart is in the right place and he is someone who definitely cares about GT. It is difficult on him to attempt to monitor SO MANY and try to keep it from turning into a vent.

One thing I have noticed about this board is that the format makes it more difficult to vent. What hurts the hive is that it is a list and you see the ALL THE topic lines that follow, so with a quick scan you can weigh in on a topic. This board you have to go into each topic to see the comments and there are no one line subjects on each topic.

this may appear to be a subtle difference but I think it matters.

I am a frequent reader and poster of the hive and hope it continues to be a great place to congregate w/ gt faithful.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr> <hr></blockquote>For the most part, the Hive seems pretty good-humored; still, RR needs to get some administrative help. It's irritating to have to lurk for weeks.

I agree, he runs the site pretty well alone, imagine what he could do with a staff. Props to the administrator of this site. VERY impressed by the layout. I have a question, too. Don't we play Brigham Young next season? I hope so, should be a
slugfest...
uzi.gif
rocketlauncher.gif

Oh yeah, didn't mean to upset anyone with my first post on this thread. Sorry

Please let me explain something. Then I will abandon this train of thought. Not 2 minutes after I posted my "aggravation" w/certain player, I realized I had done wrong. It was a terrible thing to do and I am ashamed of it, cause I really believe every player gives it all he has. My main concern was that the STAFF NEVER GAVE HIM ANY HELP!! He was left alone on an island and was getting embarrassed all the time. Still, no names should have been posted. Thanks to wreck 'n roll, I was able to recover in time. I am so glad I did not get banned cause the Hive is informative and sometimes entertaining. So, I just did not want y'all to think of me as a "player hater". BTW, this season was so aggravating to so many. Hope we get some good coaches in here real soon!!
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

Dang, williebee! I hate to hear u r gone from Hive! I agreed with your position. Also, I understand if you lost your temper. At that time, I recall there was an effort to quell any dissension w/what was going on. Hope your ban will be short-lived and HAIL TO STINGTALK!!
puke.gif
puke.gif

I agree noone should bash the Hive, it is actually a great message board, and take this from a guy who has been banned as a result of losing my temper after being harrassed by some of the "Insiders", Ive never bashed a GT player or coach ever, all in all it is a good board, but do keep in mind that if your opinions contrast with the "insiders" you could be the subject of some verbal, ah make that written abuse

Out of respect for RR's efforts I'll bite my tongue and say that I wish the best to GT and RR and the GT fans, regardless of their views.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by williebee:
I agree noone should bash the Hive, it is actually a great message board, and take this from a guy who has been banned as a result of losing my temper after being harrassed by some of the "Insiders", Ive never bashed a GT player or coach ever, all in all it is a good board, but do keep in mind that if your opinions contrast with the "insiders" you could be the subject of some verbal, ah make that written abuse<hr></blockquote>

I've never seen a post I've agreed w/ so much in my life. Wow. It's... almost... eerie...

Back