"The Journey Begins"

Why is there so much hate for Notre Dame? I mean, my dad and all his buddies can't stand and when used to tailgate with them they called the Irish every name in the book.....

Is it because of NBC? Does having a national channel do for a college team the opposite of what it did for the Braves(TBS)?

I mean its either you're a ND fan or you hate them...they get treated like LeBron, the Yankees, etc but in my lifetime they haven't been relevant enough at all to be treated like dynasties/star players so that's why when people throw them in with Duke basketball, NYY, SEC football, Patriots, the Heat/Lakers its really confusing to me.

Why is there so much hate for Notre Dame? I mean, my dad and all his buddies can't stand and when used to tailgate with them they called the Irish every name in the book.....

Is it because of NBC? Does having a national channel do for a college team the opposite of what it did for the Braves(TBS)?

I mean its either you're a ND fan or you hate them...they get treated like LeBron, the Yankees, etc but in my lifetime they haven't been relevant enough at all to be treated like dynasties/star players so that's why when people throw them in with Duke basketball, NYY, SEC football, Patriots, the Heat/Lakers its really confusing to me.

It's because of O'Leary.

Why would you ever root for ND? The only time I would ever root for them is if they were playing UGA.

Say they were playing a team tied with is in the standings. Wouldn't it be beneficial for us if they beat the team tied with us?

Back