The last calls were pure BS...

Bogey

Jolly Good Fellow
because it shows there is NO communication between the offensive coaches and the QB, or maybe all 3 of them thought it was 2nd down when he spiked it and 3rd when he threw it OB. Either way it is inexcusable. CG has done a good job about getting us some quality players and a great DC, but unless he brings in a good OC, he should be toast. CG has proven he is not a good game coach and you can't when on this level without good game coaches calling the game for you.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtf.gif

We need an OC in the box, removed from the sideline that can make decisions throughout the game based on a good view of the secondary, LB's etc...much like Tenuta goes from the box and is able to make adjustments. A coach in the box wouldn't have been so caught up in the moment on the sidelines that he loses track of the down.

I think most of us agree with you JJacket. But the stubborn Mr. Gailey does not, and his vote counts way more than ours.

Someone on the Hive posted

that CG didn't talk about the 3rd down spike or the throw-away on 4th down on the postgame show. Can someone verify who heard the show?

Re: Someone on the Hive posted

That's wrong, Wes asked him about it and he talked about the discussion that he had with Nix about it.

This really should not be a surprise to anyone.

We had three games where we used a TO within our first 3 offensive plays including using 2 before we ran our third offensive play against VT.

Against Samford, we got called for illegal substitution then had to call TO on the next play because we screwed up the substitution again. After the TO, we almost got called for delay of game because we could not get the right substitutions in. The crowd began booing at this point.

Against Miami, we screwed up our substitution so bad on one play we screwed up the refs. They flagged us for too many men, but actually the guy running off was the 11th player. That's right we ran the play with 10 guys.

There are many other situation when the coaches were slow getting the play to the QB forcing TO's.

It's these Mickey Mouse mistakes as much as anything that show that our problems go far beyond Reggie Ball.

yes JacketIM, I did change my sig, but still support him. I hope he realizes he does not have all the ansers on our offense though.

Back