The most proud I have ever been of a team.

techfowl

Jolly Good Fellow
I have pulled for a more talented team, but I have never seen a team more deserving of a win.

Henderson, Ball, Smith, and Fox are studs. Here's to South Carolina's Mr. Football, Mark Logan and Darius Williams - getting their due. Two of my favorite clutch catches since Watkins in 2000. William's catch kept that drive alive. Holy crap what a catch.

Logan and Landry both accepted their role outside of QB and are reaping the rewards. I was happy to see Bilbo so excited in the pregame and I can't wait until he has enough time to be the man at some position.

Congratulations to the staff for making this team believe it could win.

We spread the ball to at least 10 different players. It's hard to defense when any one could be the playmaker. Oh, if Ace hadn't tripped on his own feet... He ran through a big damn hole.

What we need most from Chan now is consistency. Maybe we'll get it.

i liked your ending statement. what we need is consistency. we didn't have consistent QB play all last year. looks like we might get consistent QB play this year.

we need consistency! from everyone

It will be very hard to judge that by next weeks game at FSU...They are one of the top 2 teams in the country..Ive watched a lot of Football these 1st two weeks and without a doubt FSU and Southern Cal..ARE the 2 best teams in the country right now...As Bill Curry said over and over again last night..This is the Ole FSU we were all used to seeing before the last 2 years...Their defense along with Southern Cals has to be the top 2 defenses in the country..They threw Maryland around like a rag doll last night...Also their offense can run the ball with probably the best RB in the country in Jones..BUT unlike Auburn they are not one-dimensinal..They (As Bill curry said) have the fastest and Best WRs in the Acc and maybe the Country)....It was ugly for Maryland last Night...

IMHO We can judge this team after the 6th Game..Barring any earth Shattering injuries i think we will go to a bowl...Which would be one heck of an accomplishment considering Flunkgate.....

Agree.

Not to be pessimistic, but the most important thing for us this week is to avoid injuries.

Techfowl...I was thinking the SAME thing...The MOST important thing is to come out of the FSU game with NO major injuries..I also hope that Young Reggie's Confidence isnt shaken too much...

I think with a couple of more good recruiting classes and us getting a Legit Tony Hollings type back and with us apparently getting 4 of the 10 back we lost from Flunkgate..We can legitemitly fight for an ACC title....

I agree with all that has been said. But since I'm still riding high on the emotions of yesterday, I'm going to say "Let's not count young Reggie out against FSU yet".

Also, on a non-related-to-this-thread subject...did anyone see the interview where Tubberhead commented on Reggie Ball? He made a comment about how Auburn had recruited him and seen him at one of their camps, yada, yada, yada...but then he says "a 4.6 40". WTF? If Reggie Ball runs a 4.6 40, then my middle name is Superman. Noone running a 4.6 40 accelerates the way Reggie does and besides, I've read from several sources that Ball runs in the 4.4 40 range.

Maybe that's part of Auburn's problems on offense. If they can't even read a stopwatch, they will surely have trouble with X's and O's!
smile.gif

Great game, Jackets!

Actually 4.6 is not slow. It's real apparent when you see it timed up close. THWG

Back