"the other state school"

Now the debate is the BCS. 8 team playoff the debate will be who should be 8 vs 9 vs 7.

This is a weak argument because it compares using polls to exclude, for example, undefeated Auburn from a national title shot in 2004 with using the polls to exclude whoever was ranked #9 that year. I am willing to bet that NOBODY remembers who was ranked #9 that year off the top of their head. I am also willing to bet that the team ranked #9 had at least two losses or at least one really bad loss.

No comparison.

I don't put a whole lot into the way recruiting classes are ranked but there is some sound information out there on these players. These recruiting services do alot of work braking down film and evaluating players so in that respect there is some legit benefit to having a good ranked recruiting class. As much time as these guys put into it you cannot just dismiss their rankings just because your class was not rated high. If your class was rated high you would be out thumping your chest. The services should not be the only determining factor on if you had a good class but you cant dispell it entirely either.

everyone hates yes, but you still need em...EVEN with a playoff because it would determine who is in and out of the playoff.

Guys look, unless you do it like the NFL, where conf champs playoff you need the ranking system. Get used to it.

Now the debate is the BCS. 8 team playoff the debate will be who should be 8 vs 9 vs 7.

It will never end unless you just playoff all conf champs.

Guys get it...seriously...rankings today and for a near future are an evil necessity. like it or not. My point with the post isn't you should like it, its just accept it for what it is right now.

Or like D1-AA college football, or D2/3 college football, or college basketball, or college baseball, or college lacrosse, or college gymnastics....

I really don't get that argument(which people always seem to make) when every other sport does it fine. Yes, there will always be arguments about bubble teams. No, that doesn't mean that a playoff system wouldn't be better than voting on a champion.

LOL. So you have to have recruiting rankings because there are BCS rankings? Dumbest argument ever.

recruit ratings DO MATTER and they are 100% accurate... just ask the basketball forum

Back