The Play Of The Game? That Last Holding Call On Duke’s Off

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
1. Adonicas' catch.
2. Malachi's catch right before that.
3. The holding call on Duke
4. Gibbs' fumble somehow going out of bounds before Duke could get it.

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
It was definitely a hold and the correct call … and a big turning point in the game

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
If Duke doesn't hold then JD makes a tfl. This is a retarded question. I'm guessing OP didn't actually watch the game.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Interesting that GT football fans complain that opponents commit fouls that are not called but crapposters here complain that opponents commit fouls that ARE called.

The defense did its job in the crunch, which is why the dukie had to hold. That is the important point.

GCdaJuiceMan

Flats Noob
Think ajc put out an article on it but Peje Harris making the tackle of the person who intercepted both passes saved the game for us. The shoestring tackle on the side line being the most memorable one.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Interesting that GT football fans complain that opponents commit fouls that are not called but crapposters here complain that opponents commit fouls that ARE called.
Duh. Doesn't fit the narrative and they probably lost a stack of cash (one hopes).

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
For me it might be the non-call on the hold by GT77 on the last TD to Sanders. One of the first times I've seen us benefit from a non-call this year.

LaFlavor

Flats Noob

The defense did its job in the crunch, which is why the dukie had to hold. That is the important point.
Similarly, we see non-calls that are obvious holds against us all the time...like consistently...maybe more often than not. That a blatant, really, really obvious hold was called shouldn't be surprising, but that's where we are.

Also, there was at least one PI in the first half that couldn't have been more obvious without drawing blood. It was the type of miss that in any profession that expects competence would have resulted in an immediate firing. Instead, it's just expected at this point.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
So what you are saying is that Georgia Tech didn't win the game, Duke gave it away??? Is that accurate?
If it weren't for the rest of the game, Duke also wins, or something.

I don't get what gets some if these posters rocks off. Bitch when we lose, bitch worse when we win