"The Process" Episode 4 Preview

Great, great stuff. Joe Hamilton was the greatest. I feel sorry for anyone who didn't get a chance to watch him.

Just watched games from '98, '99 and I agree but he also had some of the best receivers we have ever had at GT. Cambell and White to name a couple. If we are not carefull we will forget that he had his interceptions, fumbles as all qb's do. I am saying that because our expectations for Vad, if he ends up as the starter, could be a little unrealistic. Just my opinion.

Never got to watch Dez White play. That clip of him running it in past all of the Virginia DBs was sick.

And yet the 98 PlayStation has him sooo slooowwww. Art did not imitate life.

When I saw the AA start to advertise this I was like "meh".

So far, they've been excellent -- so much better than I expected.

/

Just watched games from '98, '99 and I agree but he also had some of the best receivers we have ever had at GT. Cambell and White to name a couple. If we are not carefull we will forget that he had his interceptions, fumbles as all qb's do. I am saying that because our expectations for Vad, if he ends up as the starter, could be a little unrealistic. Just my opinion.
The 99 team had:

TB: Sean Gregory, Phillip Rogers, Joe Burns
FB: Ed Wilder
WR: Kelly Campbell, Dez White, Kerry Watkins, Jon Muyres, Will Glover
TE: Andrzejewski, Matvay

We had more talent on our second team offense at the skill positions than we do now on our first.

All I know is the Astroturf sucked.. Other than that, great video and that should be the recruiting message. It should be about the rest of your life, not being glorified for a few years.

The 99 team had:

TB: Sean Gregory, Phillip Rogers, Joe Burns
FB: Ed Wilder
WR: Kelly Campbell, Dez White, Kerry Watkins, Jon Muyres, Will Glover
TE: Andrzejewski, Matvay

We had more talent on our second team offense at the skill positions than we do now on our first.

The top 3 receivers would be ahead of anything we have, by a lot. Waller would be 4th on that team. Glover had 4 catches in 99, so he wasn't the Will you remember at that point.
At tailback, I'm not so sure. Are we comparing just B backs or A backs as well.? You lose out on a few positions when trying to compare. Wilder was an awesome pro-style blocking fullback, but didn't have the speed to play B. Godhigh is an awesome A-back, but he wouldn't have a spot in 99. TE? Alphabetski would be an OT for a PJ team.
Anyway, B backs only:
Burns was hurt in 99, he had less than 100 yards. I would say Gregory/Rogers is comparable to Laskey/Sims, talent wise. Phil was a short yardage hammer and Gregory was a pretty good all around back. I think Laskey and Sims will surprise with their production this season. They're finally both healthy.
But WR is really no contest. To be fair, that was one of our better WR corps since I've been watching Tech.

Back