The three stooges who ruined the ACC

Kennesawkid

Varsity Lurker
I hope the three voters who refused to go to twelve or thirteen schools in the conference are happy with the mess they have created. I'm talking about UNC, Duke, and I believe NCST. I know the first two are all for keeping a small basketball conference, but what about the third? They claim they are now a football school, but how can they possibly shoot down a twelve team conference and championship game? I have real concern that Miami will turn us down and they have good reason to do so. We didn't come through with the deal we offered them. Those who think we can gain NCAA approval of a championship game for a ten or eleven team conference are dreaming. When everything shakes ot in a few years and a few super conference set p a National Championship game, the ACC will be left out and it's members will be second class football teams with no place o go. If I had my wish, the six who voted yes wuld band together with six other schools from the Big East or elsewhere and form a new super conference. Nothing would please me more than to see the three no voters who ruined he ACC become the only remaining members of a three team conference. Of course, they could rebuild with East Carolina, Western Carolina, Elon, College of Charleston, and The Citadel to form a new ACC.

Kid, you are way off. It was Vagina who was #3. Err I mean Virginy or something like that.

Virgina was oroginally the third no vote due to blackmail by their Govorner. After Va Tech was voted in, someone else blocked going to twelve or thirteen teams. I heard a rumor that it was NCST. Can anyone confirm tht?

NC State definitely a negative in the end and I was extremely disappointed with Fox. She voted for visits to all three schools but never wanted BC and Syracuse in the mix! The voting for campus visits made everyone think it was a done deal for those who voted yes.

All it was, was a smoke screen and it hurt the outcome, the schools left behind and the end process!

MTA, you are correct it was NCSt. Hope what I've read (unoffically of course) that Mia turns the ACC down and takes us, FSU, Clem, and others and we form a new conf.

Originally posted by oldfoggy:
MTA, you are correct it was NCSt. Hope what I've read (unoffically of course) that Mia turns the ACC down and takes us, FSU, Clem, and others and we form a new conf.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">OF: You are correct, I think Miami is going to make that move - the ACC did not do this right in preparation, internal negotiation and investigation, priorities, a plan ... you name it. GT can't afford this and I know the ACC's name and stature will never be the same.

Back