There are great things to come.......

MoverofFridge2

Helluva Engineer
in the coming times for GT. After watching the game tonight I can see a lot of positive aspects for our program.

Once again the defense played great. They were flying all over the place and making plays against a decent offense. Great teams win championships with defense. We may not win a championship this year, but with a young defense like we have, the sky is the limit. We will have to replace some great linebackers, but we are so young everywhere else that we can only get better and better.

Offensively, you can tell that Coach Nix is doing a great job with Reggie. When Reggie leaves us in 4 years I imagine the record books will be re-wriiten. Our backs are doing a better job as each week passes. The receivers are making plays and getting extra yardage after the catch.

The only disapointing thing I saw in the game was on the last fumble by Reggie. Our left tackle had possession of the ball and gave it up to the FSU defense. With the game on the line you have to hang on to the ball, and not let someone strip it from you.

Clemson is coming to town and I am sure CG will have our players ready to play and even up our record in the conference.

I am proud tonight to say I am a GT fan. Always have been and always will be.

As Always....TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!!!

Agreed....Only great things to come. I always thought that once a player had fallen on a fumble, it was dead...didnt look like that should be a legal play that"Budda" did.
Reggie looked great, PJ looked great, Fox, and Houston...HUGE plays on Defense...only good things to come!!

Cheers,

RW4L
drinking.gif

The ball is dead when it or the player is on the ground, but the referee still has to decide who has the ball. The lineman should have held onto the ball, and not let anyone take it away from him, until the ref had decided which player had recovered the fumble.

It was the lineman's fault for giving up the ball, if he had it in his possession, not the ref's fault.

Father Time

Even though this was a tough loss TECH showed a tremendous amount of mettle. TREMENDOUS. Made me want to put on some pads, kick a football around, something! This type of effort will attract recruits and fans. This program is on a rise!

CU game will tell more of a story than the last 2 weeks. This is when the motivation and discipline will reveal itself. After 2 huge emotional games like we have had a good team will come thru in the clutch. This will bee make or break.

Not to be a naysayer, but the lineman (Nat Dorsey) didn't have the football. I've watched the play several times on Tivo (& slowed it down in slow motion). He lands on the football and the ball is underneath his right rib cage, but he bounces. As he bounces, he grabs for the ball with his right hand, but you can't see whether or not he gets it because thats when 2 FSU players land on it as well. The linebacker who eventually comes out of the stack with it lands with the center of his belly directly where the football should be. I'm convinced Nat Dorsey is stronger, but the angle he would be trying to pull from is fruitless against a player who is right on top of it. That's why the FSU player got it, IMHO, not because of a lack of effort.

That oblong ball is known to take funny bounces and rolls. Can't blame Nat.

I_B_G_W, thanks for the information on the fumble. It was not clear if Nat really had the ball, that is why I stated it would be his fault, if he had possession.

I was stating the referee can only award the ball to whoever comes up from the pile with it on many occasions.

Father Time

Back