"There's no reason we can't win with DeShone Kizer."

I'm hungry.

Produktbeispiel_Kaiser.jpg

No matter how talented Kizer is, he lacks significant experience. He's a sophomore but didn't get any QB time last year, and went 1/5 for 3 yards and a sack in their spring game. How will he handle the hype coming off their win at UVa? I'd like to see some pressure on him and try to force some mistakes. ND expects to incorporate him into their running game, but I suspect they try to keep things simple for him this week.

No matter how talented Kizer is, he lacks significant experience. He's a sophomore but didn't get any QB time last year, and went 1/5 for 3 yards and a sack in their spring game. How will he handle the hype coming off their win at UVa? I'd like to see some pressure on him and try to force some mistakes. ND expects to incorporate him into their running game, but I suspect they try to keep things simple for him this week.

Whether he gets planned running plays or not, the opportunities will be there for him to tuck and run. They were there for Tulane.

+1

I agree. We'll have to bring pressure and try and rattle him. I'm not totally confident our D can do that, but Roof is going to call blitz after blitz. I see Notre Dame calling a lot of screen passes and power runs to the edge. It would be probably be beneficial for them to run some zone reads and maybe some options plays because he's a decent athlete, but they can't risk him getting even a little dinged up.

Their top WR, Fuller, runs great routes and is fast. We'll see if Roof decided to double cover him or just hope we can get to the QB before he finds him. Just from watching their game against UVA, he like to stare down Fuller and go to him every chance he gets (don't blame him).

This will be a good indication of how good our D really is. That kid has an arm and their offensive line is pretty good.

That is one thing Tenuta loved to do. Brand new QB's got everything including the kitchen sink thrown at them. Most of the time it was very effective. ND supposedly has a good O line which may negate that strategery though...

He might be inexperienced but he is very talented. He was a highly sought after recruit. That winning TD pass against UVA was an unbelievable 50 yards in the air rainbow. Do not think he can't hurt us like Zaire.

+1

I agree. We'll have to bring pressure and try and rattle him. I'm not totally confident our D can do that, but Roof is going to call blitz after blitz. I see Notre Dame calling a lot of screen passes and power runs to the edge. It would be probably be beneficial for them to run some zone reads and maybe some options plays because he's a decent athlete, but they can't risk him getting even a little dinged up.

Their top WR, Fuller, runs great routes and is fast. We'll see if Roof decided to double cover him or just hope we can get to the QB before he finds him. Just from watching their game against UVA, he like to stare down Fuller and go to him every chance he gets (don't blame him).

This will be a good indication of how good our D really is. That kid has an arm and their offensive line is pretty good.

RB looks very athletic too despite losing their top 2 guys there from last season due to injuries. Looks raw, like an athlete playing RB, but dangerous nonetheless. I can see them putting up some yards/points on us and winning if they have a positive turnover margin. But I can also picture their QB throwing a few dumb INTs and us pulling away in the 2nd half.

Whether he gets planned running plays or not, the opportunities will be there for him to tuck and run. They were there for Tulane.

Much better him than Zaire. I don't remember Tulane having a ton of chances for that, but I do remember the Alcorn QB picking up about 35 yards on a scramble against man coverage late in the opener.

This guy can play the QB position very well. Saw all I needed to see on Saturday.

We have to hit their QB in the mouth everytime the ball is snapped.

Deleting the post in an hour.

After the ND backup QB came in during the UVA game I got so scared watching him play that I had to change the channel.

We have to hit their QB in the mouth everytime the ball is snapped.

Deleting the post in an hour.

If Paul Johnson knows what he's doing, he better be planning on scoring more touchdowns then Notre Dame.

If Paul Johnson knows what he's doing, he better be planning on scoring more touchdowns then Notre Dame.

You guys are getting ridiculous. It's nearly impossible for this offense to play from the 0-0 tie to open the game, it's just not built for it. Either we figure out how to get points on the board by Friday night or this game and the season itself are lost.

Back