"they're a bunch of MORONS"....

Hey the announcers have little to no skin in the game. CPJ made a decision and it didn't work. Life is rough... so be it.

What do you think they are thinking about a coach calling the game announcers morons?

We have enough problems with media without our head coach calling our announcers morons.

I, for one, am extremely NOT happy about this.

Yeah, because calling out the media and other teams never worked for Steve Spurrier when he was at Florida. Not one bit. Nope, it was so bad that six times in twelve years he failed to win his conference championship.

I agree 100% with CPJ's comments. The comment will have little no impact outside of GT and Atlanta, but here's the way I see it.

Yesterday I watched the fumbled TD by VT back in 2004 that was ruled a TD. I watched Chan Gailey stand there with his arms folded, wanting to bust, but being Gailey he did nothing.

Now, CPJ is new, and this is a small thing, but do you think Gailey would have defended himself in the face of ABC??? Nope. That's what we have here fellas. A coach that doesn't whine, Richt, but a coach that will tell you straight up, "Don't question me, if I mess up I'll take responsibility but don't you dare question me."

I salute you CPJ, keep it up. Run that table now!

VT needs to lose two, hopefully UNC upsets them, and FSU or Miami beats them. If GT runs the table, wham bam we are in the ACCCG!!!

GOOOOO TECH!!! WRECK EM'!

Why does it bother people if announcers have an opinion you disagree with? So what if they were wrong about the decision to go for 2 points? Seriously, lets all act like adults instead of catty 13 year old girls.

Why does it bother people if announcers have an opinion you disagree with? So what if they were wrong about the decision to go for 2 points? Seriously, lets all act like adults instead of catty 13 year old girls.

No one is calling them out for questioning the play calling, they are simply saying that if you sound like a moron while doing it, and someone calls you a moron you can't get your feels hurt...

One of the posts from this article is an old PJ interview at Navy...

Transcript of Navy Head Football Coach Paul Johnson’s Press on Sep 17, 2007:
Wagner: I was talking to a Navy fan and he said he follows the coverage and that he noticed something and I’m just going to put it to you. He says that it seems like when Navy loses you blame the players, ie we can’t execute fundamental plays, but that the success of the team the last four years has been attributed to brilliant coaching. How do you respond to that?
Johnson: Whatever he thinks. I don’t go down to McDonald’s and start second-guessing his job so he ought to leave me alone.
Wagner: But do you feel like it can’t be both ways?
Johnson: You know what? I could care less. I’m old enough where I could give a crap what the fans think or what you think to put it in a nutshell.
Wagner: Wins and losses are evenly distributed as far as credit and blame, right?
Johnson: If you could ever find one time that I said we won the game because of brilliant strategy I will kiss your butt at city dock and give you two days to draw a crowd. Find it and bring it to me. Tell that guy that if he wants to talk to me I live at (address given but deleted for the transcript) I will be right there. Come ring my doorbell and I will be glad to talk to him.

You saw what Jim Rome did to Richt for daring to question their decision to leave Moreno's BFD hurdle off the top ten.

What did Rome do exactly? Same something idiotic really fast in an annoying gravelly voice and point a lot?

It's not like he burned down the man's house, beat him up, or even likely cost him one fan or recruit. All he did was give him free publicity, because Rome is an idiot that doesn't know how to actually bury somebody he is mad at.

I laughed my ass off when I read his quote because I wanted to strangle the announcer because he would not stop going on and on about something that was completely asinine.

I love that he said it.

those 790 idiots and the AJC idiots are the worst. media is a joke and it is why news media is dying.

If you are good enough you can tell everyone to kiss off (spurrier and etc.)

I will say this those vultures will look for any reason to criticize from here on out.

those 790 idiots and the AJC idiots are the worst. media is a joke and it is why news media is dying.

If you are good enough you can tell everyone to kiss off (spurrier and etc.)

I will say this those vultures will look for any reason to criticize from here on out.

Good free publicity. Guys remember, the only bad thing is if they're NOT talking about you. Irrelevance is much worse than resentment.

Back