Things that make no sense.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Two teams we beat this season just beat or had a really good game with top five teams. FSU beat North Carolina and Louisville almost beat Notre Dame. I think the transitive property doesn’t necessarily apply in football but I think we are a lot closer to those teams than those teams are to Clemson.

Last edited:

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Is this just a random list? Because I’ll add Uga having to play Stetson Bennett IV as QB on a team loaded with nfl talent. Seriously. How bad has Kirby Shart screwed up the QB room to have to play Bennett?
No I just wanted to say that we can have better winnable games this year. Other than that go ahead.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
No I just wanted to say that we can have better winnable games this year. Other than that go ahead.
I agree with you. We are a better team this year than we were last year. The problem is that Clemson is too and they appear to have found all of the Infinity stones. We are not the only team that Clemson is going to destroy this year. I do agree with others that there seemed to be a particular ax that was ground yesterday and I’m not sure what that is from, but IIWII. Maybe it’ll give our guys a bad taste in their mouth and the ones who have more years to play Clemson will remember it. And they won’t have Lawrence after this year so hopefully there is payback and hopefully it’s a bitch for them.

GTg8r

Varsity Lurker
Two teams we beat this season just beat or had a really good game with top five teams. FSU beat North Carolina and Louisville almost beat Notre Dame. I think the transitive property doesn’t necessarily apply in football but I think we are a lot closer to those teams than those teams are to Clemson.
Over the full scale, teams play to the level of their talent.
FSU's ceiling is pretty high, but organizationally they're a trainwreck.
UNC's talent is good, but the ceiling isn't as high as FSU, and Mack Brown is ahead of FSU organizationally.
This UNC squad doesn't seem to get their life together until 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

31-28 seems right

wesleyd21

Dodd-Like
Axe to grind....

1. Dabo sees the ACC Rookie of the Week accolades we have been getting...EVERY WEEK.

2. Geoff hasn’t spoken well towards the last regime, who Dabo happens to be very close with (CPJ).

3. Maybe our staff has been talking major öööö (and rightfully so) about Clemson’s engineering degree. Didn’t y’all see their “social distancing” seating chart in Week 1? The entire country was mocking them because they’re hillbilly retards.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Is this just a random list? Because I’ll add Uga having to play Stetson Bennett IV as QB on a team loaded with nfl talent. Seriously. How bad has Kirby Shart screwed up the QB room to have to play Bennett?
They love game managers. White QBs who make the right reads and don't make mistakes. Bennett's limitations were pretty well exposed last night however. Perhaps he could hop up on one of their massive fullbacks shoulders before he passes the ball.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Axe to grind....

1. Dabo sees the ACC Rookie of the Week accolades we have been getting...EVERY WEEK.

2. Geoff hasn’t spoken well towards the last regime, who Dabo happens to be very close with (CPJ).

3. Maybe our staff has been talking major öööö (and rightfully so) about Clemson’s engineering degree. Didn’t y’all see their “social distancing” seating chart in Week 1? The entire country was mocking them because they’re hillbilly retards.
I think it was a signal to recruits. And also a response to our going for it on 4th down in our own territory, which was a sign of disrespect for sure on our part.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Trevor Lawrence is from just up the road from Tech. So is half the Clemson roster. They were quick to point out he got 404 yards. It's pretty transparent why Dabo would want to run the score up in this one.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Trevor Lawrence is from just up the road from Tech. So is half the Clemson roster. They were quick to point out he got 404 yards. It's pretty transparent why Dabo would want to run the score up in this one.
Yep. Pretty clear we need to change that. Good for Dabo to point it out. Folks need to get over being taken to the woodshed.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
My take on the UNC/FSU game is that FSU has improved greatly since we played them in the first game. UNC should have still beat them; but UNC took FSU too lightly and let UNC get to far behind early. Once UNC woke up it was a different game and UNC almost pulled off one of the biggest comebacks in UNC history. I watched the last few minutes of the game and FSU looked much more physical, organized, and energetic than they did when we played them.

We were always going to get beat by Clemson; but the reason we got run out of our own stadium in the first half is that the offense did nothing to slow the game down and kept doing quick 3 and outs. I think we were like 2 of 14 on 3rd down conversions for the game. Even with the defensive stops and takeaways, the offense needs to run some clock or you get embarrassed like we did. Clemson played 4 QBs, 10 players got carries, 17 players had receptions, they even used 2 different punters (I guess one was busy playing QB); and our whiney fans complain that Dabo ran up the score. What do you want Dabo to do, he can only play the players on his roster and I think all of them did. Saban would have done much the same thing, put in the bottom of the roster but still expect them to perform. Our coaching staff never seemed to figure out to how slow the bleeding and unwittingly helped to create a historic blowout. Hard to believe our defense actually got 6 stops (2 turnovers, 4 punts).

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Kirby Smart has double the recruiting budget of any other team in NCAAF. Screwing up the quarterback position this badly should be a fireable offense

jts1207

Memes posted are not fact checked for accuracy
Thought this thread was going to be about 4th&1 from shotgun....am disappoint

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
I think it was a signal to recruits. And also a response to our going for it on 4th down in our own territory, which was a sign of disrespect for sure on our part.
Why was our going for it on fourth down a sign of disrespect. It was actually a recognition of what their offense was accomplishing.

johncu

Dodd-Like
We could beat any team left on our schedule. Clemson is so far and away better than the rest of the ACC that I don't think we can try to take much from that result other than what we already knew - they are a lot better than us.