Third down/money down at UNC game

I understand that but it's like we stop it waaaay before the opposing team is even close to being set. Way earlier than other bands are stopping when we're on 3rd down offense.
I agree, when I was in band, it did seem like some of the drum majors didn't really understand the flow of a football game. Typically, there would be a different drum major for each quarter, so that's why it varies during the game.

There used to be a rivalry of sorts between our band and Florida State's, stemming largely from the fact that theirs was, as with their football program, exclusively composed of cunts. Our band now probably wouldn't notice if the opposing team's band played over them for four quarters.

It’s a product of drum majors not knowing what they are doing.

Back when I was in the band, the band was made up mostly of a bunch of people who were really interested in Tech sports and looking for a way to go to a lot of games and maybe influence the game while there. We certainly understood our role as being disrupters.

The current makeup of the band looks to have a lot of people who could give a öööö about sports and are there for other reasons. From a music perspective they are better than we were. But they need to learn the art of affecting the game.
What years were you in the band?

Back