This Crap About Chan's Resume..

SouthGa

Varsity Lurker
This Crap About Chan\'s Resume..

made him the obvious choice over McWhorter is a bunch of bull. True, if you want to go by NFL experience Gailey's your man. McWhorter is a proven recruiter and motivator and young athletes respond to him. Now you can have the NFL guy, but give me the coach who can get top notch high school athletes to come play for the Jackets. Finally, was it obvious who was playing with intensity on THUR night? Didn't we have that type of intensity against Stanford? But since that is spelled milk, Gailey has to be given complete control and be given a fair shake. He was not left with a Hamilton or Godsey and fellas, Suggs cannot play in big games for Tech or Tenn. I think with good coaching Bilbo can make big plays and is athletic enough to get out of trouble. When Suggs gets in trouble he is toast. We need to play Bilbo and get ready for next season. I also believe if we play Bilbo now, he might be good enough after two or three games to pull out a win or two for us later this year.

South Georgia Jacket

Re: This Crap About Chan\'s Resume..

south,
You are right about the fact that Mac would have been an infinitely better choice than Chan. We would not have missed a beat if the Seattle Bowl staff had been retained.
Now we are in the Chan Gailey spiral of death to the TECH football program syndrome. It is not going to be pretty. And it was not necessary.

But no one that reads this board can say they are surprised because they were warned well in advance.

Back