This I know:

techsamillion

Flats Noob
Gailey was handed over a team in disaray.
No Pro Drafts for what (3 years?)
Overrated. Rejected TEnn. Q.B., no proven OF line, and besides that injuries that would wreck any team.....blame him if you must; shows how little you know about football.
Same record as O'L produced without a decent Q.B. on the previous team.
Injuries GALORE!!!!!!!
An O.C. that was inept (O'B was called as DEFENSE, did you get that, DEFENSE HELPER to Maryland..probably only with the future in mind. Sure he is a hard worker and pretty intelligent, but he was not ready to succed the great R.F. as an O.C. ANYWHERE!!!!!!!).
Many were sour simply because they did not get their way: Robinson, McWhorter, etc. By the way, my favorite was not chosen to become H.C.; but I made the best of it.
So, many are ready to cut out the heart of Chan G.;
all I can say is "get to it"......one day (and please remember this) YOU WILL SEE THINGS FROM A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE (that is , if you live long enough).

techsamillion i wouldn't be lying to you if I said OB never got a chance to be the OC. The only game B'OB was calling every play without interruption was the seattle bowl. Mac was the only head coach that did not have major input or make decisions on the playcalling

SO what you saw last year, your going to see more this year scheme wise. not a whole lot is changing in my opinion only

a coach is only as good as who he surrounds himself with also. Some of these assistants were hires through the good ole boy network pure and simple. they dont deserve to be at GT nor do they belong here

Nate is right - it has changed since when BOB went to Maryland initially as a LB coach.

The ACC Sport Journal reported on this about 2 months ago. Apparently the existing RB coach and lone hold over from Vanderlindins staff thought that he should be next in line for the OC job, assuming that Taffe moves into a HC job soon. But I guess the internal word was that BOB was being anointed the next OC. The RB coach felt he was really jilted, and left to join the Florida staff.

Then BOB was moved to fill his vacancy at RB coach.

Back