This is getting so out of control

BLEEDGOLD

TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!
Never have I been so outraged as a Tech alum as this past week. We profess to be intelligent and progressive, but there are obviously problems on the Hill in regards to our athletic program. From Clough to Moore to Gailey. There is no rationale in my mind whatsoever as to what is taking place and keeping Georgia Tech in the news in all the wrong places. Never did I think I would see such lows as now, but what concerns me is "what's next"? Change is definitely needed and I will certainly talk with my checkbook until changes are accomplished. Let the letter writing begin/continue. I for one and not pleased and not looking forward to this fall in the slightest.

The Hill had better start communicating what steps they are taking to figure out what’s going wrong and what steps they plan to take to correct the situation. A bunker mentality is only going to make this worse.

Rambling a bit here, but looking at Tech's high academic standards and narrow curriculum, what other Division 1A school is trying to provide a top 20 college football program in a similar academic environment. Anyone?

I wonder how the best recruiter can persuade a young man who has the talent and potential and most importantly the desire to play professional basketball or football to come to a very demanding academic environment like ours vs. programs where the kid can spend most of his time and energy on developing his athletic ability.

Back in Bobby Dodd’s era, when tv coverage was just starting, the money and professional sports expansion were all down the road. Most of the kids that were great athletes for their time were interested in trading that skill for a college education not a professional sports career.

71.. what is so frustrating about the "bunker mentality" is that to remove it and start communicating costs no money & requires no vote or concensus.. All it reqires is the intelligence & perception to realize it is must be done... In my observations, when a coach/administration doesn't want to communicate it means one of 2 things: They are either hiding something or running scared..

71, I agree on the bunker mentality. There is no valid reason to keep the fans (stockholders) in the dark. It is the fan's right to know the problems and solutions.

It should be obvious to the administration that rumor and innuendo is much worse than revealing the truth.

Even though many can't handle the truth, once it is submitted that is it. When rumors, innuendos, and untruths are mixed and allowed to simmer, it eventually becomes worse than it would have been had the truth been submitted.

There should be a conference at the edge center, the large donors invited, the press from Macon invited, and then fill the room with fans on a first come first served basis. I would be tempted to exclude the AJC. The administration should have full details and bring everything to light.

I feel sure Gailey will be retained this year regardless. If that is true, then that should be stated also. Once the pack hears from the school that Gailey will be retained regardless of their lynch mob mentality, then it will go away.

They will have to sit patiently with the rest of us, support our players, and play out the season and see how it unfolds.

wink.gif

Ok,who stole 71Bees handle? j/k I agree
confused.gif
with ya on this one! We are being treated like mushrooms
drinking.gif

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
71, I agree on the bunker mentality. There is no valid reason to keep the fans (stockholders) in the dark. It is the fan's right to know the problems and solutions.

It should be obvious to the administration that rumor and innuendo is much worse than revealing the truth.

Even though many can't handle the truth, once it is submitted that is it. When rumors, innuendos, and untruths are mixed and allowed to simmer, it eventually becomes worse than it would have been had the truth been submitted.

There should be a conference at the edge center, the large donors invited, the press from Macon invited, and then fill the room with fans on a first come first served basis. I would be tempted to exclude the AJC. The administration should have full details and bring everything to light.

I feel sure Gailey will be retained this year regardless. If that is true, then that should be stated also. Once the pack hears from the school that Gailey will be retained regardless of their lynch mob mentality, then it will go away.

They will have to sit patiently with the rest of us, support our players, and play out the season and see how it unfolds.

wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ah: We AGREE AGAIN!!!
smile.gif

This fiasco is the latest chapter in hunker down attitude. I'm still pissed off we didn't get an apology after that mess in Athens last year. I can take mucking around with Duke, annually blowing it against FSU and our usual giveaway to Clemson, but the one thing I want even if we are 0-11 going is to beat the hell out of Georgia! After that disappearing act that did it for me!

Absoisee - not invite the AJC? That's about the stupidest thing I ever heard. We want to get them on our side - not alienate them.

And what are they going to discuss at this press conference? The possibility of more ineligibles in the future? You complain about bad exposure - but the press conference will just cause the bad news to hit the airwaves again.

I think they are clueless and don't have anything to say. And if they don't have anything to say -they shouldn't say it. It speaks for itself and speaks for their incompetence for which they should be benched.

Back