This is the week!

DinnerJacket

Slowly eroding every brain cell
This is the week that Collins will win us over or not. If we come out for the UNC game like we did against Clemson, he may very well have us on track. But if we fall back to some of the stuff we've seen all too often during his tenure, it's over for me. I'll attribute the first game to the team being just a little too over confident and not giving NIU any credit. Yes, I know that's on coaching, but you can preach that all week and still not get through to them. KSU showed we could shake things off. That's much improvement over last year. Clemson showed we can line up with the big boys, even for one game. Now let's see if we can do that back to back. UNC will be tough. They laid over a half dollar on UVA. Our D will be challenged unlike last week. But UNC's D is no Clemson. So let's see what the O can bring. If we could pull this one off, he may have turned the corner. I remember being in the seats at the Maryland game. All 50,000 of us knew at that moment, Tech was back. UNC may just be that game. Let's hope so. Maybe wee need to bring seat cushions with us to the Benz!

What if we lose to UNC and then win the rest of our games and beat UGA? I think it's a better idea to judge based on the performance over the course of a season instead of a single game. 5+ wins will be adequate for me to stay on board.

This is the week that Collins will win us over or not. If we come out for the UNC game like we did against Clemson, he may very well have us on track. But if we fall back to some of the stuff we've seen all too often during his tenure, it's over for me. I'll attribute the first game to the team being just a little too over confident and not giving NIU any credit. Yes, I know that's on coaching, but you can preach that all week and still not get through to them. KSU showed we could shake things off. That's much improvement over last year. Clemson showed we can line up with the big boys, even for one game. Now let's see if we can do that back to back. UNC will be tough. They laid over a half dollar on UVA. Our D will be challenged unlike last week. But UNC's D is no Clemson. So let's see what the O can bring. If we could pull this one off, he may have turned the corner. I remember being in the seats at the Maryland game. All 50,000 of us knew at that moment, Tech was back. UNC may just be that game. Let's hope so. Maybe wee need to bring seat cushions with us to the Benz!
I was also at the Maryland game (95?). The new O'Leary era clearly began after the first GT TD and the cushions went flying. It was a palpable and unmistakable turning point, you just felt it.

Regarding the Clemson game, I think it say more about Clemson that it does about us unfortunately.

Reality check to some people's recency bias coming. We lost to Northern Illinois. Northern Carolina is a little bit better

I agree that this week is huge. A moral victory is only a victory if it's followed by a win. The Clemson game gave some signs that NIU may have been a fluke; this game should prove it one way or the other.

My expectation coming into this season was a bowl game, even a super crappy one. That is still my expectation. I'll feel a lot better about meeting it with a win on Saturday.

If VT can beat UNC then we certainly can. But I think UNC had a ton of turnovers in their loss to VT. And I was shocked to see how many rushes their QB has - its a lot and for a very high ypc - I forget but it was maybe 35+ at >6ypc. I didn't know Howell could run like that. I thought he was a white kid :)

Ok - so VT sacked him 6 times. Even Georgia St. sacked him twice. We need to make sure he meets the turf early and often.

If VT can beat UNC then we certainly can. But I think UNC had a ton of turnovers in their loss to VT. And I was shocked to see how many rushes their QB has - its a lot and for a very high ypc - I forget but it was maybe 35+ at >6ypc. I didn't know Howell could run like that. I thought he was a white kid :)

Ok - so VT sacked him 6 times. Even Georgia St. sacked him twice. We need to make sure he meets the turf early and often.

If getting sacks is the key then i may need to revise my expectations

@GoGATech We have determined that it will be necessary to sack Mr. Howell at least 7 times during our upcoming contest. While we are willing to overlook the fact that the services of Mr. Keion White were not available for the Clemson game, we will not be so understanding this week. We trust that you will see to it that Mr. White is available to wreak havoc this week.

I don’t even think of NIU game as being a reflection of this team. We’ve seen a different team since then

@GoGATech We have determined that it will be necessary to sack Mr. Howell at least 7 times during our upcoming contest. While we are willing to overlook the fact that the services of Mr. Keion White were not available for the Clemson game, we will not be so understanding this week. We trust that you will see to it that Mr. White is available to wreak havoc this week.
Doubtful

Back