This is why we need NIL

IMG_0178.jpeg

What’s the going rate for 18 tackles and 5 sacks? That’s not even Kyle Kennard or Jordan Domineck numbers. I guess he does have more eligibility than them.

What’s the going rate for 18 tackles and 5 sacks? That’s not even Kyle Kennard or Jordan Domineck numbers. I guess he does have more eligibility than them.
Not bad for a true freshman though

So with kids getting paid, and paid well in many cases, via NIL, the NCAA is proposing play for pay, many players showing little loyalty for the schools, and attending classes has always been a farce, when do we quit the scholarship scam and let the players pay for their own “education“?

Heard from my OSU buddy that Marvin Harrison Jr is rumored to have been offered a one year NIL deal for $25M
Insane and ridiculous, if true.

Heard from my OSU buddy that Marvin Harrison Jr is rumored to have been offered a one year NIL deal for $25M
Insane and ridiculous, if true.
Who has so much money that they are willing to flush $25 million down a toilet?

What, did Michigan offer him $20M or something? Who knows these days, but unless MHJr was getting $20M already, this wouldn’t make sense.

MHJr would need to be compensated enough to keep him from turning pro. He will be a top 10 pick, so that number is not surprising. His signing bonus plus Yr1 salary would be in that range or higher.

So with kids getting paid, and paid well in many cases, via NIL, the NCAA is proposing play for pay, many players showing little loyalty for the schools, and attending classes has always been a farce, when do we quit the scholarship scam and let the players pay for their own “education“?

As soon as it stops being a requirement for playing college football, I assume.

MHJr would need to be compensated enough to keep him from turning pro. He will be a top 10 pick, so that number is not surprising. His signing bonus plus Yr1 salary would be in that range or higher.
That doesn't make sense. You're right about the NFL numbers - $25M (signing + contract) would be the equivalent of being picked #3, but he could take the cash up front, only risk a career ending injury (which could happen at any time in his NFL career too) and still enter the draft the following year.

Who has so much money that they are willing to flush $25 million down a toilet?
I heard a Tech grad….I was talking to a very recent grad from comp sci at Tech and he’s making $155k to start! That’s a whole lot better than just about any school.

Back