This was a great class!!!

Ditto DBO, also feel this is a good class and will contribute and CG may be on the right road Defense wins games!

Agreed. I think it's a very good class. Especially impressed with the D signings. Oh, and the THREE, did I mention THREE, QBs and the top rated 4.4 RB. Man, I can't wait to have Gaston, Roberson, Williams, Fleuridor (oops, almost forgot Scotty!) in the DB with Chris Reis, Reuben and Kingi!? Holy smokes!
rolleyes.gif

Very encouraged after yesterday hearing the coaches and speaking with them.

Evaluation! Evaluation! Evaluation! Evaluation! Evaluation! Came up over and over. They guys work very hard in evaluating HS players in ALL areas.

Guys like Brian Fleuridor and Sam Williams were not after thoughts late.

Whenever I heard a coach in a group asked about a specific player we didn't seemingly recruit hard it was either they knew about him or which coach would know.

A common thread was how badly this group wanted to come to GT. How hard Al Pena worked to graduated early. How much pressure some guys were under to go to their in state schools. When it came down to it Moore wanted to be a Yellow Jacket as well.

Had the pleasure of meeting Same Williams at ESPN Zone. Just missed meeting Avery Roberson and Reggie Ball who were on the air earlier on 680 broadcasting there. Sam was a very well spoken young man. I can tell you he's bigger than he's listed. Said to him," Sam, you're taller than they have you listed." He said, "What did they have me listed, and who is 'they'." I'm 6' and Sam is taller than me. His buddies got a kick out of us both taking off our shoes in ESPN Zone getting back to back. Sam is taller than me. Nice young man. He's very excited about coming to GT. Could sense his competitiveness.

Did get to meet Reggie Ball's little brother who was there. He's freshman at Stephenson HS now. He's bigger already than his Reggie. Expects to grow into LB. He and his cousin are so excited about Reggie coming to GT. They're excited about going to the games. That's the one big advantage to recruiting players in state and close. Finding the right recruits is the most important regardless of where they come from in my opinion.

Like the needs filled with this class. Would have liked to have one more OL. We do have 15 now on roster including the guys brought in this year which is about where you want to be every year. No plans to move anyone from defense to offense or other way around.

That includes Brazina, Wrotto, Newberry, and Davis.

Coach D'A made it clear that Tuminello is a center while both Mathew Rhodes and Eddie Parker are Tackle/Guard combos. When seeing a little film last night all these guys are big and can run. That's what they are after.

Coach Gailey talked about making our team tougher in all areas from everything from the weight room, doing all the right things off the field, to how they run practices.

Can't express how impressed I was with all the position coaches addressing the fans at the Edge Center yesterday as well as Coach Wilson. They talked about the players recruited at their positions while answering every question asked to them. Coach Gailey did this as well. There was no media present. They had a hour deal later with media. The time with the fans lasted from about 8:15 when Coach Gailey brought us all together in the "board room" till about 12:15. When all the players were in we got a short break, and then Coach Gailey addressed us all.

Have to mention that AFRJacket and his wife were in attendance. She was pointed out several times by the coaches because they were being cautious with their wording not to be offensive. Worth mentioning because they all seem on a mission to toughen up this team. They were pretty candid about it.

I need to sit down and write out some note worthy remarks. There were so many. Need time to digest all of this.

Everyone in attendance along with the coaches were so into questions and answers that they finally had to break us up because they had a meeting at 1pm regarding about 20 walk-ons.

Really was an awesome day. These coaches are very excited about this recruiting class. Coach Spenser is ready to hit the field and get to work now! He said Oliver as of last week when he was in his home is at 257lbs now and solid. He said he was impressed with Newberry when he saw him play at 340lbs. Said when he then saw him at 310lbs he was even more impressed. That guy was explosive on film!

Honestly don't look for us to get any more 'ship players with this class. They could only add a max of 23 this year to be at 85 ships. We graduate 16 next year, so they can use the extra ships next year. One of the coaches commented joking that getting more players on 'ship would only help our recruiting rankings on the internet and paper.

Like the speed and size of this class a lot! Like what I hear about character and academics. How this class matches up with others in the ACC and teams we play will be found out on the field.

Something worth noting is the staff all seems to be on the same page. Coach O'Brien was quick to point out this is the best recruiting staff he's ever been associated with at GT.

Go Jackets

Originally posted by gnats 67:
Agreed. I think it's a very good class. Especially impressed with the D signings. Oh, and the THREE, did I mention THREE, QBs and the top rated 4.4 RB. Man, I can't wait to have Gaston, Roberson, Mays, Fleuridor (oops, almost forgot Scotty!) in the DB with Chris Reis, Reuben and Kingi!? Holy smokes!
rolleyes.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">gnats 67, I'm excited too! Kingi will play LB. He'll be in the hunt for Reco's position. Hope to have Greene back as well who plays same position. Coach "Brick" said Greene came up just short in the classroom before the bowl. He's got work to do. Said he likes what he's hearing about Greene, but he's been on the road. He'll know more when he sits with him face to face. He likes the speed of Greene and McNair.

GO JACKETS!

Coach O'Brien was quick to point out this is the best recruiting staff he's ever been associated with at GT.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wow GTT! THAT is saying something! Maybe you CAN throw those recruiting rankings out the window!

Originally posted by JacketFanPCB:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"> Coach O'Brien was quick to point out this is the best recruiting staff he's ever been associated with at GT.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wow GTT! THAT is saying something! Maybe you CAN throw those recruiting rankings out the window!

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I love rivals and insiders. They do give us fans great information, but one difficult thing for them is to rank. They don't take into consideration even close to the amount of information coaches do.

We'll find out how good this class is down the road.
blue.gif

Back