This Week ...

Well we're either big boys or we aren't. And in the recruiting world, we haven't acted like big boys in a while.

Our coaches clearly adhere to the collective idiocy of The Hive when it comes to over-offering. We never have a full recruiting class. We are perpetually on self-imposed probation. Every year, we have higher attrition than "we" expect, and we call it anomaly instead of calling it "Tech".

I stopped following recruiting a couple of years ago because I had less time to be online, and because Tech sucks at it. Not because I don't care about the decisions of 17 and 18 year olds. These "petty decisions by adolescents" determine the future of the program, like it or not. I love CPJ's X's and O's, but our 2007 recruiting class showed that even with his offensive genious, we won't get any championships without some Jimmies and Joes.
:soapbox:
Uh, we were probably one punch in the head away from an ACC title shot last year. And that was with the youngest team in the league, horrid special teams and defense and a game manager at qb.

Point is, we're not that far away right now. With an upgraded OL and if Vad Lee delivers half as much as his hype or if TW improves his game on the same order as he has each and every year he's been here, we're right in the mix again. (and that's with the same crappy ST and D.)

As retarded as people seem to get, I understand why we're freaking out over recruiting. We do need to recruit better, we have been talking about it. We've had other discussions about adding majors or getting exceptions, etc. just so we can recruit better. We all need to probably calm down before badmouthing guys who want to genuinely play at Tech by saying things like "great offer sheet! we beat MTSU for him". However, it is still inexcusable to not get some of our top picks and it does matter. As THWUGA pointed out, we're not going to be competitive against the factories unless we get some exceptional athletes in. Like it or not, we still play uga every year and no I'm not ok with losing to them every year. I'll take the young team, young OL, bad QB, but still almost made it to ACC championship excuses for anything else but not for the last game. We gotta start beating them and start now.

Don't say that dcs, I will die if our ST stays the same.

d will improve. st will probably surprise us some and also give us some dejavus

by the way, i think we'll get dalvin, will adams stays and we're beating vt in the opener.

those are the only predictions i'll make this year. we'll see how i fare.

by the way, i think we'll get dalvin, will adams stays and we're beating vt in the opener.

Well, I can see the moral victory threads already. At least that'll be the only game tevin starts.

Well, I can see the moral victory threads already. At least that'll be the only game tevin starts.

i think spring game will be super fun to watch. cpj is a smart guy, if vad or synjyn are good enough to beat tevin through the spring game and the camp, one of them may be at the helm on labor day.

the only problem is tevin actually looks better until he's under pressure. when he's calm he seems to make the right reads. that's more important to CPJ than who has the better arm or who's faster.

0-3

well nothing about her smarts. i mean she did marry a Tech guy. that makes her one of the smartest uga fans.

Back