This week's predictions ATS

Re: This week\'s predictions ATS

Syracuse minus 5: Their freshman running back is going to go crazy on UNC's front seven.

Texas A&M minus 3 1/2: Top five defense in the country against Pitt minus Antonio Bryant and with a new quarterback.

Wake Forest minus 4 1/2: ECU was stymied by Duke!

Central Florida plus 4 against Ariz. St.: this is the trendy pick of the week, but there could be value here if UCF's players don't start cramping in the first half when its 100 plus degrees.

If you really want to bet a game this week, IMO the lock of the week is this Ohio State -28 vs. Kent. Can you say 63-7 or 45-3???

BYU will be looking for revenge tonight. BIG TIME. That QB Engleman is good and will shread Hawaii.

I agree Purdue will beat ND. Purdue had a warm up I-AA game and has been preparing for ND for 3 weeks (RIVALRY GAME). Meanwhile ND was scheming for Ralph all preseason.

Word here in VA is that UVa is really really banged up and Groh is really trying to keep it quiet. Put that against all the freshman they're starting, and USC had their off week *last week* ... Carolina will roll.

Oklahoma will wear the wheels out on the Schooner this weekend. They'll score twice on defense and once on special teams. Add only a couple FGs for the offense and that covers the number easy.

The others could go either way. I like Miami to win, and I think Tech will cover.

Of course I don't bet on football games.

Originally posted by Dore-Dawg:
Syracuse minus 5: Their freshman running back is going to go crazy on UNC's front seven.

Texas A&M minus 3 1/2: Top five defense in the country against Pitt minus Antonio Bryant and with a new quarterback.

Central Florida plus 4 against Ariz. St.: this is the trendy pick of the week, but there could be value here if UCF's players don't start cramping in the first half when its 100 plus degrees.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Agree on all of those except UCF. A trip to the desert will doom the Knights. Expect a fast Pac-10 team to beat UCF by a score or three. Too many folks are getting on the UCF bandwagon, IMHO.

Like GT and Ohio State too!

Originally posted by coldbeer:
Agree on all of those except UCF. A trip to the desert will doom the Knights. Expect a fast Pac-10 team to beat UCF by a score or three. Too many folks are getting on the UCF bandwagon, IMHO.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I concur on the potential UCF scenario. Of my 4 picks, I wouldn't put money on that one, but of course, I don't gamble on any games

This week\'s predictions ATS

My predictions were abysmal last week (1-5, ouch), so I hope none of you were placing real bets based on what I said. I'm not going to review my predictions because, quite simply, it is too embarrasing. Hopefully I can get back on track this week.

Anyway, here are this week's picks.

BYU -11 vs Hawaii
Yeah, Hawaii won last year, but this time the game is in Provo. Rain could come into effect since it's supposed to be raining tonight. I see BYU as having the better running game, so this should help them.

Miami +2.5 at Florida
Don't even really need the points. Miami is going to win this one because Zook will make some stupid mistake and Miami will take advantage. Florida won't be able to run the ball because Miami has the best front 7 in the country. Grossman will feel all kinds of pressure because the lack of a running game will allow Miami to pin their ears back and just go all out after him.

Alabama +13 at Oklahoma
Oklahomas offense is so terrible that they may not even score 13 points. Alabama won't score much, either, but 10 points by Alabama would almost guarantee them covering.

And, the old locker room padlock of the week:
GT -23 at UCONN
The only way UCONN keeps this game within 30 is if they score a few late TDs on our 3rd/4th string defense. We simply have too much size, speed, and talent for them to hang with us.

Feel free to make comments or make your own predictions.
bigthumbup.gif

You'll probably want to consider the revenge factor in Provo as well. Remember Hawaii opened up a can
shocked.gif
on them last year.

1. hawaii getting the 11 pts at BYU. My theory is that Syracuse is week NOT that BYU is strong which leads me to

2. NC getting 6 @ syracuse. NC is NOT as bad as they showed and I think they rebound here and win the game outright

3. Purdue getting 7 @ND. There is value here. I look for Purdue to win this game outright. ND will not get the breaks they got last week.

4. Alabame @ Oklahoma geting 14. OU puts 3 pts on the board against tulsa in the first half. Nuff said. Take OU to win but NOT COVER.

5. Miami @ UF and getting 1. This is a TRUE pickem and I like UF here. I think Zook will prove to be an ALL around coach.

6. SC giving up 4 @ Uva. I actually think this could be close however I still went with USC.

7. TECH laying the 23 @ UCONN. Tech's 2nd team ala BILBO is so strong it will be hard for them not to put a big number up.

Originally posted by coldbeer:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Dore-Dawg:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Agree on all of those except UCF. A trip to the desert will doom the Knights. Expect a fast Pac-10 team to beat UCF by a score or three. Too many folks are getting on the UCF bandwagon, IMHO.

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">For the record... I "missed" on Syracuse, TAMU, & GT (horrible crappy backdoor cover by UConn). Got Ariz St, Wake, & Ohio State correct.

Back