This Whole ACC Crew Ought To Be Fired, That Was Blatent Holding!*

I think I know the play you are talking about. But, BYU might have had more to complain about than us. It was not the refs who beat us.

Originally posted by NightFighterDawg:
Yes, they should be fired. They are doing everything they can to keep Tech in this one.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Remember - "Crack is WHACK!"

That was an absolutely horrible game for the officials, then again what do you expect from ACC refs? There were blown calls both ways - a Tech tackle clearly moved and they called BYU offsides, there were a couple ghost holds and interference calls, and I still think Berry's arm wasn't going forward on that fumble that we recovered. Someone tell Joe Rider and those clowns to stay out in Utah.

You all sound like a bunch of pound puppies. Quit focusing on the officials and look at the team and coaches.

You focus on officials because they did STINK! What if one of those calls that they blew COST US THE GAME? We'd be all over it.

Ms. Tech I apologize for not blaming the refs for the loss. I was totally wrong.

These stats had nothing to do with the loss.

GT losing 3 fumbles
GT having two interceptions – Oops! I forgot. One was called back by the bad refs.
Muff of a kickoff at the goal line and a player not coached on how to react
GT having possession of the ball half as long as BYU
Play calling that was questionable at best
GT’s 15 first downs to BYU’s 22
GT’s total yardage 243 to BYU’s 362
GT’s total offensive plays 47 to BYU’s 79
GT’s QB being sacked 4 times for 24 yards to BYU’s 1 for 6 yards
A defense that consistently gave up the 7 to 8 yard pass

Every replay I saw of a call that was questioned showed the officials got it right. Even for those that don’t agree with this statement agree that GT was the beneficiary of any missed calls.

Like all of society if we blame the refs we don’t have to be responsible for our failures.

Again my apologies. You are right – the refs did lose this game for us.

Originally posted by GMC 68:
Ms. Tech I apologize for not blaming the refs for the loss. I was totally wrong.

These stats had nothing to do with the loss.

GT losing 3 fumbles
GT having two interceptions – Oops! I forgot. One was called back by the bad refs.
Muff of a kickoff at the goal line and a player not coached on how to react
GT having possession of the ball half as long as BYU
Play calling that was questionable at best
GT’s 15 first downs to BYU’s 22
GT’s total yardage 243 to BYU’s 362
GT’s total offensive plays 47 to BYU’s 79
GT’s QB being sacked 4 times for 24 yards to BYU’s 1 for 6 yards
A defense that consistently gave up the 7 to 8 yard pass

Every replay I saw of a call that was questioned showed the officials got it right. Even for those that don’t agree with this statement agree that GT was the beneficiary of any missed calls.

Like all of society if we blame the refs we don’t have to be responsible for our failures.

Again my apologies. You are right – the refs did lose this game for us.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You missed my point - the Refs made lots of bad calls both ways. They need to be better then last night because somewhere down the road ... those calls might cost us a game. It didn't happen last night but we have been saying this about ACC officials for the last few years.

I did miss your point. I agree that some of the ACC officials are not what they should be. I wrote a letter to the ACC Commissioner last year stating what you are saying. We also have to remember that missed calls are part of the game same as dropped passes, bad snaps, poor play slection, etc. This is what makes sports so great. Everyone involved can make mistakes equally. However everyone involved shoud strive to do their best. This includes tose responsible for selecting officials.

Back