Thoughts and observations

I really liked seeing us develop some semblance of a mid-range passing game. Vad looked great when he had time to throw. He was hitting the receivers perfectly in between the corner and safety. I think if we do that against the mutts in two weeks, we may be able to keep up. Their secondary is turrible.

UGA also doesn't have healthy receivers anything like Watkins and co. at Clemson. I'm not nearly as worried about deep balls to guys like Michael Bennett compared to what we saw last night.

UGA also doesn't have healthy receivers anything like Watkins and co. at Clemson. I'm not nearly as worried about deep balls to guys like Michael Bennett compared to what we saw last night.

This. With all their injuries, UGA doesn't have near the talent, depth, speed, size, etc that Clemson does. Nor do they run an up pace an offensive style like Clemson does. Murray doesn't respond well to being hit like Boyd did. If we can contain the run somehow and get to Murray, I think we have a decent shot at knocking them off. Even with the butthurt tsunami going on around here.

This. With all their injuries, UGA doesn't have near the talent, depth, speed, size, etc that Clemson does. Nor do they run an up pace an offensive style like Clemson does. Murray doesn't respond well to being hit like Boyd did. If we can contain the run somehow and get to Murray, I think we have a decent shot at knocking them off. Even with the butthurt tsunami going on around here.

u do realize they only lost to Clemson by 3, right?

Teams do that when they have lost confidence in the offense to get it done.

Sometimes loosing your "man card" can help you win a game. Just like if a team has a deadly return man you don't kick it to him just to prove you can stop him. It's called strategy and we seem to be sorely lacking in that area.

Sometimes loosing your "man card" can help you win a game. Just like if a team has a deadly return man you don't kick it to him just to prove you can stop him. It's called strategy and we seem to be sorely lacking in that area.

Sounds like a loose-loose situation to me.

Uh, obviously? How does that change the fact that UGA's receivers are in not in the same league as Clemson's, meaning that I am not overly concerned about them killing us with perfectly thrown deep balls to 6'5" receivers like Clemson did?

Not sure how that relates to you comparing UGA and Climpsun though. The UGA team that barely lost to Clemson is long gone due to injuries. We were playing full-strength Clemson and we definitely won't be playing full-strength UGA.

Uh, obviously? How does that change the fact that UGA's receivers are in not in the same league as Clemson's, meaning that I am not overly concerned about them killing us with perfectly thrown deep balls to 6'5" receivers like Clemson did?

Gurley

Back