Thoughts on A.J.

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Ok. We have been spoiled by George Godsey and Joe Hamilton. Still we have to have a Qb who can succeed and lead us to wins. With Godsey or Hamilton we are 9-1 with wins over Wake, Clemson, and Florida State. It's a shame that with this great suffocating defense we can't have a quarterback who will score. I know this is NCAA and not the pros, but when a receiver has two steps on a DB at least 4-6 times and we couldn't hit him once. I say we b/c we win and lose as a team and I don't want to be called a fair weather fan, but I haven't felt as bad about a player since Marvious Hester was returning punts in '99. Duke is a good chance to get healthy next week. Chan MUST get Bilbo into the game at least 3-5 possesions. I think A.J. is still the starter, but any more of what I saw last night from the East stands, and I too will be calling for his head. With game #10 in the books, we should have confidence in our starter, but how can we????????

You make me sick when you talk Morris.
puke.gif
AJ played a great game and has come into his own. He threw some fantastic passses, ran very well and had us in a position to tie the game as time ran out. I am not sure what else you people are looking for in a first year kid but I think he has come a long way since the early part of the season. Give the guy a well earned break. We will need a confident young man going into UGA. I heard a rumor this weekend (I am sorry but can not disclose the source) that after the tumultuous middle part of the season, many on the Tech squad were upset and wanted to transfer. All you boo-bird jerks that think you turned this team around did nothing but possibly succeed in losing some kids. Only time will tell if the recent success proves this wrong. When things are not clicking, the last thing in the world college football players need is to sense their fan base turning on them. We need to help this team get over FSU and think about Duke so we can get into a bowl game with a minimum 7-5 record.

CaptainG, what you said may be true about some of the players wanting to transfer, but I would bet my entire retirement (which is in the market) that it had absolutely nothing to do with the fans. It never does.

Dissatisfaction among players always has something to do with the coaches and players relationships and "never" the fans.

I had guessed there was trouble between the coaches and players and alluded to its possibility over a month ago on Stingtalk. I would be willing to bet there was a power play between Gailey and O'Brien with the players in the middle.

In fact, there could still be some players loyal to O'brien instead of giving their commitments to Gailey. The loyal player who is for GT will give his loyalty to Gailey and GT, because I doubt BOB will be around after this year.

I feel sure that is why the seniors got together with all the players. They were trying to unify the team for Gailey's direction for the remainder of the year.

It is pure folly to even think a fan has any effect on the players wanting to transfer, other than a personal event such as the Edwards case at Georgia. Those are normally personal events between a given player and some over aggressive fans.

Every team that has ever played the games of football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, tiddly winks, etc. have been booed or criticized. It is and has always been part of the game and has nothing to do with the athletes and they understand it. It is only the fans who do not understand that it's meaningless to the average athlete.

If an athlete were to use that criteria for going to a college, he would never attend, because it happens at all colleges in all sports.

Someone always wants to use a crying coach or dissention among the players as a hammer to beat over a poster's head in an attempt to claim they are right and "I told you so".

What a bunch of BS!

I don't think the average Stingtalk poster will be intimidated by such junk, just to force them into submission so they will be afraid to give their views of the team and its actions.

And, what makes you an authority on the board to call the posters jerks because they do not conform to your views?

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Way to go, ahso!!! You have a great way of putting into words just how you feel. I agree with you completely.

Cap'n, did you say AJ played great? BTW, he should have thrown his body at Samuels to prevent runback after lst interception! His attitude after the game, combined with mistakes made during game, make me want to throw up. His teammates were distraught afterwards and if he does not watch out, they will not want to go the extra yard for him. So there.

The receivers looked real pleased about the high/low/short/wide/inside passes all night long.

See the look on Watkins face on the sidline pass that was two yds short?

Not pretty.

Capitan- It looks like were in on this alone bud! We are the only two that apear to be sticking with our team through thick and thin. I have heard NOTHING about those roumors, so I wont comment. I am very displeased with the way these fans are acting. Maybe if yall give a "Nice try fellas" cheer every once in awhile...they will play better! Suggs overthrew a few last night..... hes human. I bet a million dollers NOONE bashing him could throw every pass PERFECT! Hes the starter, thats Chans decission, I suppport our coach! I am very dissapointed to even call all of you bashers Tech fans. And you all know DARN well, that every official missed AT LEAST one call that would have gone techs way! I stand behind my name...wish I could say the same for some others! GO JACKETS!!

We should be used to refs by this time. Good grief! Good teams overcome. It was not the ref that threw tteeeerrrrriibbbbllle pass at end of game and beginning and in the middle. And it wasn't the ref that was laughing and smiling after throwing teeeerrrrrribbbllle pass at end.
confused.gif

I don't know what game you were watching. Suggs struggled most of the game with a few exceptions. He threw 3 interceptions. I for one will not become what Skip Bayless described a "Stepford" fan and be satisfied with a close loss in a game Tech could have easily won. It doesn't mean you're a bad fan to expect more than mediocrity. Unfortunately, AJ is nothing more than a mediocre quarterback.

Joe was a playmaker but wasnt a great passer, neither was Goose, they looked better then they were because they played in a offense with great schemes. AJ is horrible, we havent scored more than 30 outside of our first two blowouts against 2 of the worst teams in Div-1. With Joe and Goose we consistently put up 35-40. Too bad we didnt have this D with 1 of those offense's.

We shouldn't roll on Suggs so hard. He is a smart kid who picked up the offense first. He plays because the coaching staff thinks he will make less errors than Bilbo. IMHO I think Suggs is an awesome backup quarterback at the 1-A level or a starter in a smaller program. We have to be realistic. Bilbo will make some horrendous errors due to inexperience. On the other side he will make some amazing plays that would astonish us with his athleticism. This year could have been his development year similiar to Joe's first year. On the board though people would be calling for him to be benched just like they did Joe his first year. Now it is lost ala Bill Lewis with Donnie Davis. Davis never did realize his potential for us and I am afraid we will see the same with BBo.

Used to the refs or not...You can NOT blame AJ for them throwing the game for us! They made a ton of lousy calls, and you know it! I am tired of you AJ bashers...for the love of God...LEAVE HIM ALONE!!

rw4life,
First, you and capt. aren't the only tried and true fans. We are still here, still wear white and old gold, still supporting GT. You are displeased with most posters and you just expressed as much. We are displeased with some elements of the program and we are expressing it.

Sure Suggs is human and will make mistakes, but when the mistakes are repeated and cost games, then you look to correct the problem. I'm not anti-CCG; in fact I have emailed him my expression of support and encouragement.

I bet a million dollers NOONE bashing him could throw every pass PERFECT!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Well, respectfully that is not likely nor is it very insightful. OTOH, if I was the starting QB, you would be bashing,and booing and rightfully so because I would stink.

I have no problem with you posting your opinions, but please stop short of questioning other poster's fanhood and support.

Originally posted by TechFan101:
Joe was a playmaker but wasnt a great passer,
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are kidding right? This guy is in the NFL and you are questioning his passing ability? Joe was a complete QB who could run, pass and most importantly LEAD the team by making good decisions. Godsey had the same attributes. Don't make excuses for our current QB by bringing down others.

Hi I am a new poster here. And i already have a question. Heh Everybody says Bilbo will make mistakes and isnt ready to start......well i dunno if u guys have been watching but Suggs is making mistake after mistake. I think ive only seen him actually make 1 or 2 good plays this year the others the wr's bailed him out.. If both QB's are gonna make bigtime mistakes i'm all for starting the one that is gonna be around the longest. And btw i am now a suggs basher, i just hink he's fint in better at maybe equiptment manager or something.
puke.gif

Right on wrecked. I remember those balls sailing a long, long way downfield for some huge plays. That continued with Godsey and Ralph and went away in GGs second year as starter. Lil Joe is everything a QB needs to be + a winner.

In my previous post i accidently wrote "i am now a suggs basher" was meant to be i am not a suggs basher but"

Originally posted by KrazieJacket:
In my previous post i accidently wrote "i am now a suggs basher" was meant to be i am not a suggs basher but"
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Freiden slip anyone?
shocked.gif

When CCG calls to ask me, I'm going to tell him to start DB and see how it goes. If it goes great, let him play.

Georgia can then plan for both QBs. Hope they don't have to stay up too late...

Originally posted by 71Bee:
When CCG calls to ask me, I'm going to tell him to start DB and see how it goes. If it goes great, let him play.
[/QUOTE]You want to start Dave Braine? Is he eligible?

drinking.gif

Back