Thursday night games

Ask yourself, if 2 or 3 of his OLs blew their assignments would those plays look the same?

Would you still want him?

Rarely does the hot name from a lower level actually pan out, for every Urban Meyer or Brian Kelly, there are about 5X as many hot names that get to this level and bust.

Be careful what you ask for.
Was that Jamey Chadwell? I didn't recognize him with that mullet. IDK, Jamey has a pretty decent track record and a unique offense. Looks like a modernized spread option out of the gun with some chunk n dunk mixed in. Maybe not, started the weekend early and nursing some Bulleit Rye neat, but he's been making quite a few teams look silly for more than a couple of years. Not advocating for a change at all, I kinda like Peanut and hopeful he can get it done, but we will see Chadwell in the big leagues sooner rather than later. Guarantee you no P5 program coach wants to see the Chanticleers on the schedule.

It's not apathy. Just not gonna get my panties In a wad over a coaching change and back-to-back 3-9 seasons. The attempted mind-reading of recruits and coaches is inane, IMO.
If we were 8-19 and reasonably competitive in the majority of the losses there would not be so much handwringing among GT fans. I’m not expecting UNC games every week, but our schedule has 2 cupcakes per year & 2-3 hard to win games. 7 games should be basically toss ups, down the road 5 of them wins every year on average. We’re not looking consistently organized, that’s never an omen for success down the road. Perhaps this time it’s deceiving and there’s a method to our disorganized madness, but I’ll tell you in my entire professional career this will be the first time ever that’s happened. I can understand if you’re more tolerant/patient than me for example, but history is not on your side.

If we were 8-19 and reasonably competitive in the majority of the losses there would not be so much handwringing among GT fans. I’m not expecting UNC games every week, but our schedule has 2 cupcakes per year & 2-3 hard to win games. 7 games should be basically toss ups, down the road 5 of them wins every year on average. We’re not looking consistently organized, that’s never an omen for success down the road. Perhaps this time it’s deceiving and there’s a method to our disorganized madness, but I’ll tell you in my entire professional career this will be the first time ever that’s happened. I can understand if you’re more tolerant/patient than me for example, but history is not on your side.
Other than the Clemson Game, the blowouts look worse in this Modern Era because in some cases you have 2 teams going up tempo creating more possessions, there's less tackling and live drills in practices because of injury concerns safety so more big plays happen due to less sure tackling.

IMO 2-a-days taught Players how to perform while fatigued and we haven't had those in what 20 years?

All that adds up to more offense, so when 1 Team gets to rolling things go off the Rails with more points.

A 28 - 10 blowout from 30 yrs ago might look like a 52-21 blowout in this Era.

You can't get too high or too low, regardless of what the scoreboard says.

Back