Tickets in the hands of Mutts

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Back when I bought my season tickets I was informed that some Georgia fans will buy three packs or even season tickets in order to get a ticket to the game at Bobby Dodd. Have you ever heard of this?

My only complaint is you then have to assume they would re sell those tickets for them to even be on the market.

Not sure what to do about this, just an interesting thought.

Back when I bought my season tickets I was informed that some Georgia fans will buy three packs or even season tickets in order to get a ticket to the game at Bobby Dodd. Have you ever heard of this?

My only complaint is you then have to assume they would re sell those tickets for them to even be on the market.

They do

Umm, COFH tickets are only available part of ST or "packs", yet there is a sea of red at Grant Field every time. How'd you think that happened?

A yuge part of the ST sold are mutts or speculators that buy the tickets just to resell them on StubHub.

I don't think UGAg was part of a 3 pack unless you were already a season ticket holder, were they?

Besides, interest from both sides for the game seems to be waning, outside of #223, of course. I can't imagine many UGAg fans buying GT season tix just to get our game much anymore. Perhaps CPJ attempting to treat it as just another game hurt. Hopefully, CGC brings that hate back on both sides

I don't think UGAg was part of a 3 pack unless you were already a season ticket holder, were they?

Besides, interest from both sides for the game seems to be waning, outside of #223, of course. I can't imagine many UGAg fans buying GT season tix just to get our game much anymore. Perhaps CPJ attempting to treat it as just another game hurt. Hopefully, CGC brings that hate back on both sides

Some 20 years ago I knew people that indeed bought GT season tickets in non-contribution areas of the stadium, just to have tickets to the UGA game. They would sell the other tickets for whatever they could get for them.

Dwags in BDS for COFH. That ain't new. But it sure is old.

CGC should address this with utmost urgency.

Ok, here's a random thought. When CPJ started, he ended the mutt streak at 7 - one short of the record set by Dodd (8 straight over the mutts - say what you want about CPJ but he prevented the dwags from tying Dodd's record - we are forever indebted for that). So how cool would it be if CGC were able to put an end to the dwag streak at BDS?

With the advent of Stubhub and the like, there’s not even a need for the inbreeds to buy 3 packs. They can buy from our own fans.

This year a lot of people knew we were gonna lose. And the team ended up not even being able to move the ball against them. It's been like that the last two years. If CGC manages to put out a team that can put up a fight and steal a win here and there and the interest in the rivalry will rekindle.

Really it never dies for us. But when even the dwags are feeling sorry for their archrivals its time to make a change. Im glad this retirement and the CGC hire happened now.

I remember a Tech fanbase last year, first week of September, who went toe to toe with Tennessee fans in numbers and beat them in loudness at MBS. Dont feed me bullshit about blaming the fans. Win some games that people care about, make people think we have a shot at beating the dwags, and they will show in greater numbers than you have ever seen. You downplay the importance of the rivalry, make comments glamorizing your opponent in a hope to cover your ass in the case of a loss, then you also lose to freaking Duke, of course noone's gonna show up. I shouldnt have ever been mad at Taquon for not giving a öööö after the loss to uga. This was the culture of this program for 10 years. Clean old fashioned faggotry.

I remember a Tech fanbase last year, first week of September, who went toe to toe with Tennessee fans in numbers and beat them in loudness at MBS. Dont feed me bullshit about blaming the fans. Win some games that people care about, make people think we have a shot at beating the dwags, and they will show in greater numbers than you have ever seen. You downplay the importance of the rivalry, make comments glamorizing your opponent in a hope to cover your ass in the case of a loss, then you also lose to freaking Duke, of course noone's gonna show up. I shouldnt have ever been mad at Taquon for not giving a öööö after the loss to uga. This was the culture of this program for 10 years. Clean old fashioned faggotry.
This is true. We did have a better showing than Tennessee which i mean we should since it was in Atlanta

This. Does anyone remember how the attendance looked in 2015? Just win baby.

Edit: talking about most every game besides the uga game. Unc was close to a sell out I think

Last edited:
I don’t think they really need to employ that method anymore. It’s a pretty easy ticket to get in general - especially with existence of Stubhub.

Been going on for 40 years

exactly. getting rid of the stench of IIWII football is CGC's first and most important task.

If CGC manages to put out a team that can put up a fight and steal a win here and there and the interest in the rivalry will rekindle.

So exactly where CPJ had it? Seriously, only three of the games out of the last 11 weren’t competitive.
What CGC needs to do to make it a real rivalry is to do the two things CPJ couldn’t do. Win at BDS and win in consecutive years. That is how O’Leary did it.

It's true.
I do it.
I also attend interesting Tech games when I don't have a conflict.
I plan on attending the USF game next season as well as a few others once the ACC schedule is released.

With the advent of Stubhub and the like, there’s not even a need for the inbreeds to buy 3 packs. They can buy from our own fans.

This. I sit in the Lower West near the 40 yard line in a contribution section. For that game there are always reams of red all over the section and nearby. We can bitch all we want about mediocre results but as long as out overall fan base is "mediocre" we really don't have a right to expect better. Although I consider the extra for the seats to be a contribution to Tech athletics I have to admit it really sucks to still be surrounded by so many fans of our opponents. And it's not just the UGa game. Clemson is nearly as bad and most games have pockets of opposing fans around.

Back