Tired D

FAN OF BOBBY DODD

Flats Noob
I looked at time of possession and O was on the field more then the D so it seems to me that this debunks the Idea that the poor O was causing the D to be worn out. I believe the problem late in the game is lack of depth and will only be over come in time.

Perhaps that statistic comes from VT scoring on 2 LONG plays quickly? Interesting. However, up until we had the drive that led to, guess what, another field goal the offense only had 54 yards in the 2nd half. So by the time we had anything going in the 2nd our D had cruely been abused by our own HC.

The D was cruely abused by their inability to tackle and get a stop. VT drove the length of the field in the second half. They didn't have field position, we couldn't stop them. The O is to blame as well, don't get me wrong, but the O wasn't putting the D in bad field position, the D wasn't getting it done.

The D can't get it done EVERY game. CG now expects the D to continually give him the ball on the other guys 20. Up until the one drive in the 2nd, our O had gained 54 yards. And it was no better against Samford, Duke, or UNC.

[ QUOTE ]
The D can't get it done EVERY game. CG now expects the D to continually give him the ball on the other guys 20. Up until the one drive in the 2nd, our O had gained 54 yards. And it was no better against Samford, Duke, or UNC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the D only comes to play against bad offenses, Samford Duke UMD and Clemson...wait werent very good against Clemson. Tenuta isnt the genius everyone made him out to be.

I tend to agree about the D

Tenuta deserves ALOT of the blame for the loss to VT. He has a tendency to give up BIG plays (2 big runs against Clemson, Miami bombs, VT bombs..and those are the best three teams we've played this season). Players are out of position, and whose fault is that??

Some games the D plays lights out, others they are badly burned. This has been a pattern.

I made the comment during VT's first possession that they appeared to be calling plays to force our D to run a lot. If that was their gameplan, it worked. Our D lost their legs with about 3min left in the 3rd. It's not just a question of TOP but also how far they have run. It would be interesting to know how far the different positions ran last night vs "normal". Congrats to Va Poly.

Back