Titans fire Whisenhunt

But whoever thinks these mobile college QBs can make the transition to NFL deserve to be fired.

I don't give a öööö if any of our players make it to the NFL. But that being said, I am proud of the ones that have made it to that level.
I want them to get a degree and win at Tech.
The NCAA needs to get out of the business of being the player development league for the NFL on the cheap.
If a mobile QB or spread option QB gives Tech the best chance to win vs. a Pro style QB then I want the mobile spread option guy.

And when have we ever had a Pro style QB that has made it at the next level? Bad news guys, no 4 and 5 star Pro Style QB's are coming to Georgia Tech whether we stay with our current coach or make a change and hire a guy that runs an NFL type offense. And if you think that it's going to happen, then you are delusional.

Whis has a career 4-2 postseason record.

But whoever thinks these mobile college QBs can make the transition to NFL deserve to be fired.

I love Mariota for the Titans. He's accurate and mobile when he needs to be. They aren't having him run to his death like RG3.

I love Mariota for the Titans. He's accurate and mobile when he needs to be. They aren't having him run to his death like RG3.

Didn't help Ken keep his job tho.

Paul's not going anywhere for now, he's had a lot of injuries but I do put him to blame for the poor OL play, Sewak needs to go and you need two line coaches for this offense. Last year was great because of getting to the second level and this year they played like they did in '13. I also look at effort as I've gotten to watch more games and I think it is sub par at best. You're going to miss assignments I get that but if you half ass it that's what bugs me.

As for coaches, and this is my personal opinion. I would like to see either Ken or Glen Spencer back here. Both are great recruiter 1st but I think they are great coaches as well. 2nd, going to school here I think they would work well with the hill and still recruit high moral kids. Again, just my opinion. GT is and I think always will be a stepping stone for an outsider because of the grind with academics and Bobby Ross is a great example of that.

Thx. I have always thought a lot of Glenn, and he usually has the Cowboy D pretty geeked up. And I think he may have an edge of Ken as regards recruiting. Also, thankfully, he and his family seem to have found happiness again after their horrible loss.

I in no way think CPJ is in trouble, or at this moment should he be. I do think whatever advantage the TO gave us may very well be gone, but IDK.

Sewak should have been long gone, which leads me to believe he is doing exactly what CPJ wants him to do. I do not think there will be any asst coaching changes, sadly.

I think Whisenhunt will be a good college option and will get a decent job as there are too many vacancies and not enough experienced coaches right now.

Bud Adams died. Sorry to break it to you.

Ken is a ööööty head coach. He's won like 4 of his last 38 games.

Sorry, meant the organization. Thanks for keeping me on my toes and no I wouldn't coach. I see motivation issues and see no heart in these kids, pass blocking shows me that, there comes a point and time that you have to care about your play and it doesn't look like the kids care. Sewak is a waste and probably has same attitude.

Also, hard to coach a team if ownership or GM won't give you any players. Look at Indy, SF, Detroit got rid of there team last year and wonder why they aren't playing better. It's not always the coaches fault but if it fits your agenda go for it.

My main objective for Tech besides graduating is getting someone in here that can recruit 3*'s instead of offering 1*'s and hoping you can coach them up. We have a bunch of FCS players on the OL that can't get it done right now.

My main objective for Tech besides graduating is getting someone in here that can recruit 3*'s instead of offering 1*'s and hoping you can coach them up. We have a bunch of FCS players on the OL that can't get it done right now.

I don't follow recruiting super close, so I could be mistaken, but wasn't our 2015 class comprised entirely of 3 star players? And I'm not sure where we stand now with injuries and such, but we started the year with 4/5 of an oline that dominated the previous season. I don't get the impression that individual talent is the issue.

2011: 4x 3 Star
2012: 2x 3 Star
2013: 2x 3 Star
2014: 3x 3 Star, 1x 2 Star
2015: 2x 3 Star

Who are the 1 Stars? Who specifically are the FCS players on the roster? Names?

You're missing the point which is what usually happens. They maybe 3*'s but let me ask you this, are they playing like it? Yes coaching has something to do with it but there comes a point that you man up and have some pride on how you're playing, I don't see any passion or fire but that's just me. Last year they played with a purpose this year they're playing like they have no idea what's going on. I'm watching pass protection and I'm like wait didn't they stop coaching this technique 40 years ago? Maybe it's all just coaching and the lineman are great but just doing what they are told which makes them all look like FCS lineman.

If something was wrong when I played I at least had the balls to go to Curry or McWhorter or Fligg and say something is wrong. They do have that choice but are they willing to stand up or be sheep?

You're missing the point which is what usually happens. They maybe 3*'s but let me ask you this, are they playing like it? Yes coaching has something to do with it but there comes a point that you man up and have some pride on how you're playing, I don't see any passion or fire but that's just me. Last year they played with a purpose this year they're playing like they have no idea what's going on. I'm watching pass protection and I'm like wait didn't they stop coaching this technique 40 years ago? Maybe it's all just coaching and the lineman are great but just doing what they are told which makes them all look like FCS lineman.

If something was wrong when I played I at least had the balls to go to Curry or McWhorter or Fligg and say something is wrong. They do have that choice but are they willing to stand up or be sheep?

I truly believe they are playing as coached by sewak. And I believe sewak is coaching our O line as CPJ wants it done. Disgraceful.

They are not using same techniques as they did in athens last year.

Back