To all GT players

To the Tech players too:

I'm a UT (as in University of Tennessee) graduate, but I love to watch your program play. You have a great group of coaches and players, and it says a lot that I spend as much time following your program as I do my Alma Mater's. Instead of pontificating I'll just say I enjoy watching you guys play, and I understand it's far easier being a fan than actually working to be a great football player. I support you and wish you the best.

3. It won GT's first outright ACC title in 20 years.

This is something I keep coming back to...Why did our expectations for this program skyrocket after one incredible season?

I agree Tech should strive to win championships every year, but why are we so negative when it becomes apparent that we are not yet ready to be repeat champions?

Posters talk about how their expectations are to now win 9+ games per season. . .WHY??? When have we ever done that? The 50s?

We are on pace to have a 6-8 win season. Yes, fairly mediocre, but we certainly shouldn't bash our 2-time reigning ACC coach of the year or Super Bowl winning DC because of it and we really should never bash 18-22 year old kids. I personally have 100% faith in the direction of the program. In CPJ and CAG I trust.

I'm not saying we should accept mediocrity. I will not be satisfied with several consecutive 7 win seasons, but we will never be Ohio State. We will never be Florida(who by the way has a worse record than we do). We will never be able to recruit their level of talent and that should make what we do here at Tech even more special. Unfortunately our fans do not allow that to be the case. Instead we bury our team in negativity through anonymous stabs over the internet.

We need to support the Jackets. Our Jackets!

This cry baby, cyber explosion bullsh*t is growing more tired by the week.

This is something I keep coming back to...Why did our expectations for this program skyrocket after one incredible season?

I agree Tech should strive to win championships every year, but why are we so negative when it becomes apparent that we are not yet ready to be repeat champions?

Posters talk about how their expectations are to now win 9+ games per season. . .WHY??? When have we ever done that? The 50s?

We are on pace to have a 6-8 win season. Yes, fairly mediocre, but we certainly shouldn't bash our 2-time reigning ACC coach of the year or Super Bowl winning DC because of it and we really should never bash 18-22 year old kids. I personally have 100% faith in the direction of the program. In CPJ and CAG I trust.

I'm not saying we should accept mediocrity. I will not be satisfied with several consecutive 7 win seasons, but we will never be Ohio State. We will never be Florida(who by the way has a worse record than we do). We will never be able to recruit their level of talent and that should make what we do here at Tech even more special. Unfortunately our fans do not allow that to be the case. Instead we bury our team in negativity through anonymous stabs over the internet.

We need to support the Jackets. Our Jackets!

This cry baby, cyber explosion bullsh*t is growing more tired by the week.

The expectations are high because they should be. This system is amazing, the coaches are amazing, and the players have some talent (enough to be at the level we expect). I for one believed Georgia Tech could go undefeated this year. It didn't happen because of defensive play, special teams mistakes, and offensive mistakes. If we didn't pitch the ball on the ground, have 15 yard penalties in special teams, land on a few fumbled balls, and we are talking about a special season, once again.

In a few years, we WILL be like Ohio State. We WILL be like Florida, and we WILL have the best program in the ACC.

The expectations are high because they should be. This system is amazing, the coaches are amazing, and the players have some talent (enough to be at the level we expect). I for one believed Georgia Tech could go undefeated this year. It didn't happen because of defensive play, special teams mistakes, and offensive mistakes. If we didn't pitch the ball on the ground, have 15 yard penalties in special teams, land on a few fumbled balls, and we are talking about a special season, once again.

In a few years, we WILL be like Ohio State. We WILL be like Florida, and we WILL have the best program in the ACC.

I will have what you're having.
:fingersx:

I will have what you're having.
:fingersx:

I might have lost my credibility, but I believe in this offensive system and I believe in Coach Johnson and Coach Sewak.

It truly is unstoppable. If everyone gets a hat on who they are supposed to, and the correct reads (2) are made, it is a touchdown. Not to mention the possibilities in the passing game. And with as much film as I have watched of Johnson's Southern and Navy and Georgia Tech teams, I am absolutely giddy about the next 5-10 years.

It didn't happen because of defensive play, special teams mistakes, and offensive mistakes. If we didn't pitch the ball on the ground, have 15 yard penalties in special teams, land on a few fumbled balls, and we are talking about a special season, once again.

Reading it this way makes we think we may be either brain dead or overthinking, or both, but not that there is any lack of effort. Like when Butler was giving ground and squaring up to hit Ellington, he clearly was thinking while working hard to keep Ellington from getting around him...which Ellington did anyway.

I might have lost my credibility, but I believe in this offensive system and I believe in Coach Johnson and Coach Sewak.

It truly is unstoppable. If everyone gets a hat on who they are supposed to, and the correct reads (2) are made, it is a touchdown. Not to mention the possibilities in the passing game. And with as much film as I have watched of Johnson's Southern and Navy and Georgia Tech teams, I am absolutely giddy about the next 5-10 years.

Hey man, I am with you. I believe in this system as well. I hope like hell that stuff happens....

I respectfully disagree with this.

I had high hopes coming into the season too, but looking back those hopes were unfounded based on the talent I see on the field. It's easy to say if only we had better "defensive play," and less "special teams mistakes and offensive mistakes" then we could be undefeated. I think every team in the country could make that argument.

I agree the coaches are great and the O & D schemes are sound. We do not have the margin for error of a team like Ohio State or Florida. We will never have their talent level and thus must have masterful execution to play to their consistent level of excellence.

I have faith PJ is the man to instill that level of execution, but we are nowhere near at current state.

then they figure it out and rape you ...

Please tell me you're not serious. Because if you are, I bet there are some coaches in the SoCon who would like you to explain what they missed when they this scheme won the conference five years straight (under CPJ and then another under Sewak) and a couple of national championships. Poo-poo that as being at a different level all you want, but you only raised the issue of coaches figuring it out and not talent.

Please tell me you're not serious. Because if you are, I bet there are some coaches in the SoCon who would like you to explain what they missed when they this scheme won the conference five years straight (under CPJ and then another under Sewak) and a couple of national championships. Poo-poo that as being at a different level all you want, but you only raised the issue of coaches figuring it out and not talent.

He is. That's negative Ned. Ned should stick to the basketball forum. At least he's right about Hewitt.

It's both attractive and stupid to blame our issues on scheme. People here have said we pass too much. On From the Rumble Seat, usually a bland rah-rah place, there was a lengthy post that we don't pass enough. I guess it's just more comforting to think that it's a schematic issue and we just need to tweak our run-pass ratio to be successful, when really there's just a huge lack of execution that won't be fixed overnight.

Thanks for the more positive posts, guys. I too have been discouraged by the mistakes this season that has prevented the team from doing as well as many of us had hoped. Success came too early for CPJ. That has raised our expectations and I think put more pressure on the team. We were under staffed as a team by numbers in the beginning that first year, but we had some pretty awesome skilled players that along with CPJ's system caught many teams off guard.

Last year, we again succeeded because of a second year in the system with great, skilled players. The team was weak on the line last year and it showed in the Orange Bowl and against UGA and Miami.

This year we have new faces, new opportunities, and guys are learning as fast as they can. Many times I believe they put too much pressure on themselves to be perfect, make the perfect catch, the perfect run, block, tackle etc. We look back from our comfortable seats and say, " Boy that stunk! What was he thinking on that play? What is CPJ doing? His play calling is really suspect this season." Some have even suggested on various blogs that they want go support the team the rest of the year.

The last thing we need to do is stop going to the games and supporting the team. We need to cheer more and louder, and be more encouraging. This team needs us, badly. There are recruits that come to every game. What perception do we want them to have about Georgia Tech? I want them to say, "You know they don't always fill up their smaller stadium, but they are just as loud and really support their Team." I am not a season ticket holder, but get to as many games as I can. I am staying on board and behind this team. I believe our team's best football is to come and will amaze!

I was so geeked to see Navy run it up and down on a better Notre Dame team. That team is running what CPJ installed and perfected. He will accomplish the same at GA Tech.

My new "Gold Standard" is to try and keep my posts positive and encouraging. Knowing the team does read these, I want them too know that although we may get disappointed when the team loses, I know they are more dissappointed. The players and coaches put in all the hard work. I just pay to be entertained.

Go Jackets!!!

Also know that

(1) The internet doesn't really represent how all Georgia Tech fans really feel & think.

(2) Usually it is a collection of the same posters being negative again and again...but the frequency of their posts gives the impression that more people are negative than actually are.

(3) It's the same at every school, and the more you win the worse it gets because expectations are high. Check out the UGA boards after a loss...they are horrible.

(4) You guys are awesome. Keep your heads up, work hard, and GET YOU SOME HOKIE !!!!

We do have great success in bowl games and games in which opponents have time to prepare for us. We lost to a juco in Kansas ... have been cornholed in 2 bowls. You are in sleeping in PJ Underoo's if you think BCS level coaches aren't going to figure this out. I'm not saying PJ can't adapt, or that eventually we can't master the forward pass.

We do have great success in bowl games and games in which opponents have time to prepare for us. We lost to a juco in Kansas ... have been cornholed in 2 bowls. You are in sleeping in PJ Underoo's if you think BCS level coaches aren't going to figure this out. I'm not saying PJ can't adapt, or that eventually we can't master the forward pass.

So, what are you suggesting? Do you want to fire CPJ? Which replacements do you have in mind?

Yeah, I tell you what, that Bud Foster figured it out after he faced it. Kevin Steele too. And, that UNC DC. FSU owned the option after they saw it the first time. Ugag really stuffed us only giving up 24 points and facing out starting QB for 3 whole quarters. Ned is an idiot. Get out of this thread, Ned. It's too high above you. You are not worthy.

Back