To be fair

Longestdays

Flats Noob
I am not anti CGC.

I only sound harsh if you compared my statements about Collins to the hype. It is roses and tulips versus corn comparisons.

I stated facts that he is 15 in 10 after the last coach left that was 20 and 5. The recruiting did not improve and if anything it was less than average for Temple. He did have a good defense at Temple and UF, but the offense was lesss than good. He may be really good and do what CPJ could not... I think this unlikely that he will break 30 years of evidence at GT in recruiting and be better than the top 4 or 5 coaches at GT... but you never know until you try. Remember, CPJ came to us after winning several championships and elevating a service academy to highs not seen. But somehow along the way he forgot how to coach and recruit ... and GT school issues and funding had no impact... and you expect me to drink the koolaid that GT is now better positioned?

But, let CGC prove me wrong and recruit as well as or better than uga... afterall, he has a new AD to back him up. If you are new here, you will not understand my loathing for the negative drum beaters here that came out after every loss to gloat and spew thier unhappiness. I made a promise I intend to keep....

But, let CGC prove me wrong and recruit as well as or better than uga.

None of us Hype Train Boyz are saying this, btw. This notion that we either recruit on the level we have been or we recruit in the top 5 like UGA is a false dichotomy, much like the "triple option vs. pro style offense" or "CPJ vs. Gailey" debates over the years. CGC can markedly improve recruiting and we still won't be at the level of UGA. No one is maintaining that we're going to outrecruit the dwags.

#TechTuff #biGTime19

I am not anti CGC.

I only sound harsh if you compared my statements about Collins to the hype. It is roses and tulips versus corn comparisons.

I stated facts that he is 15 in 10 after the last coach left that was 20 and 5. The recruiting did not improve and if anything it was less than average for Temple. He did have a good defense at Temple and UF, but the offense was lesss than good. He may be really good and do what CPJ could not... I think this unlikely that he will break 30 years of evidence at GT in recruiting and be better than the top 4 or 5 coaches at GT... but you never know until you try. Remember, CPJ came to us after winning several championships and elevating a service academy to highs not seen. But somehow along the way he forgot how to coach and recruit ... and GT school issues and funding had no impact... and you expect me to drink the koolaid that GT is now better positioned?

But, let CGC prove me wrong and recruit as well as or better than uga... afterall, he has a new AD to back him up. If you are new here, you will not understand my loathing for the negative drum beaters here that came out after every loss to gloat and spew thier unhappiness. I made a promise I intend to keep....
You don't have to drink any koolaid, but no need to be critical of the new coach without even a single game. Give him a few seasons.

If others want to be hyped up, let them be. We need more excitement about GT football.

I am not anti CGC.

Do you go around your office questioning the decisions of upper management? I’m assuming you are old enough and professional enough to know better.

The decision has been made. Now that the decision has been made, most folks would recognize that the right course of action is to sit back, shut up, and see what happens.

Lost in all the nonsense infighting that has plagued this forum for the past however long is that there are Georgia Tech fans that supported Paul Johnson, and are excited about the Collins hire. I don't understand either the desire to trash the outgoing regime, nor the desire to trash the incoming regime because they might be different. It doesn't make any damn sense at all.

Georgia Tech fans... ööööting where we eat since 1894

I am not anti CGC.

I have news for you, Tech probably won’t outrecruit UGA...but that doesn’t mean they won’t beat them or be successful.

Thanks for reminding me that I have leftover corn on the cob.

I appreciate your passion for GT but it sounds like you're letting a few handles on here get to you. Just bigcry them and move on

Last edited:
I am not anti CGC.

You have made it clear that the enthusiasm I choose to bring to the table is unwelcomed.

Who, exactly, are you speaking on behalf of?

Lost in all the nonsense infighting that has plagued this forum for the past however long is that there are Georgia Tech fans that supported Paul Johnson, and are excited about the Collins hire. I don't understand either the desire to trash the outgoing regime, nor the desire to trash the incoming regime because they might be different. It doesn't make any damn sense at all.

My thoughts exactly. I’m thankful for the CPJ era and will remember the great seasons. Sure, he had his failings, but I’m thankful for the good and that he ran a clean program and his kids graduated.

I too look forward to seeing what a different approach under Coach Collins will bring. Hope that he and his staff bring us more great seasons.

Not a CPJ or Collins fan boy—I’m a GT one.

Go Jackets!

Again, I only sounds harsh compared to the hype. Nothing I said was anti or critical of CGC action at GT. I did not say we made the wrong hire. I did not say we should fire CGC before he even started. I think GT got the best GT could get and a lot of the people here are ready for the promise land.

I choose the reality of the situation over blind and foolish emotions that have no basis in reality (positive or negative). You want to be optimistic, go ahead. I made a prediction as people where calling for CPJs head... and we are on a direct course. You say give CGC a chance... I hope he goes 12 and 0 his first season and gets a top 25 class in 2020. Hope... I think there is a poem about that somewhere.

Shoot, I am the only one that I have seen to not spew rainbows and sprinkles over GT's future under the new coach.

Again, I only sounds harsh compared to the hype. Nothing I said was anti or critical of CGC action at GT. I did not say we made the wrong hire. I did not say we should fire CGC before he even started. I think GT got the best GT could get and a lot of the people here are ready for the promise land.

I choose the reality of the situation over blind and foolish emotions that have no basis in reality (positive or negative). You want to be optimistic, go ahead. I made a prediction as people where calling for CPJs head... and we are on a direct course. You say give CGC a chance... I hope he goes 12 and 0 his first season and gets a top 25 class in 2020. Hope... I think there is a poem about that somewhere.

Shoot, I am the only one that I have seen to not spew rainbows and sprinkles over GT's future under the new coach.

easy killer. I haven't sprinkled rainbows on anything. It is what it is. It'll be fine.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying and I have my doubts about the new approach working but what's the point of saying it?

I like cpj and was really expecting a big year next year .Year two in the defense and three or four potentially good QBs had me thinking it could be the year. Kinda surprised cpj didn't go one more year but maybe I'm wrong and he thought we would suck, maybe he was forced out and they did good keeping it a secret or maybe he was just tired and wanted a break. It doesn't matter at this point. He is leaving and now we have cgc. I'll support him and hope he proves my doubts wrong but I'm not going to öööö on him, the program, the players or the fans for being excited about Tech football. If our doubts are right, we better enjoy the excitement while we can

I think this nails it. I've been on this board off/on a long time but don't post much. I greatly appreciate the CPJ era, his offense, etc. But, it's over and I'm pumped about the Collins era. It may be a spectacular failure, but right now it's fun as hell. We get to see what he does on the recruiting trail, hires as OC, spring practice, etc. This is when it's fun to be a fan. Just like when CPJ was hired and we got to see how the offense would unfold in the ACC. Let's enjoy the off season excitement and hope Collins does as well.

Most of you are good people... its the bad people on here I want to rain on a little... but rain falls on the good and wicked a like...
may they have their toes gnawed off by rats. If you're not with me, you're against me.

Back