To be honest, bad QB decisions cost GT & Gailey

GT Ace

Jolly Good Fellow
The Yellow Jackets could've picked up from 1 to 4 additional Ws if not for the poor QB decisions. We may not have picked up any more Ws, but we may have gotten 4.

1) 1st down within FG position to tie WF, at worst, with a minute to play. Atrocious decision to run across the line of scrimmage & pass. 5-10 additional yds were there if the QB just runs on out of bounds. The 15 yd penalty & loss of down took us out of FG (& tying) position & into desperation that didn't work. Very painful.
2) Leads GT all the way downfield vs Clemson with less than 2 mins to play. Gets a 1st down inside the 20. Throws a 2nd down pass straight to their safety. 1st one that got away.
3) Horrible pass to the Fresno CB out in the flats for a Bulldog TD on the last play of the 1st half to put Fresno ahead instead of behind at the half. Different game with GT ahead & the same QB still in the game. (1st time the QB was BENCHED the whole yr).
4) Leads us all the way downfield vs Fla St & has a 1st down just outside the 10 with under a minute to play & a chance to tie to force OT. Does nothing in 3 plays & then throws a 4th dn pass straight to their safety. Game over. Also throws a bad pass to give Fla St a TD in the 1st half.

Honestly, the end game QB play left so many painful hurts that could've easily gone the other way with better decisions. Some may say the QB wasn't trained enough, which is true, but he was still easily capable of better decisions passing than was shown.
It truly cost Coach G dearly & I don't think the coach will forget it. Coach G should've made the change much sooner than he did instead of waiting for another broken heart.
Gotta go to dinner or I'd continue. Selah.

pat.gif
over and over again
drinking.gif

Dead Horse Winner
GoEnglish_com_BeatADeadHorse.gif
congrats!
drinking.gif

ACE, great points. I have gotten fully behind Chan for the '03 campaign, and have made preliminary plans (commitment) with my yellow jacket comrade to invade Provo.

Does anyone know Yellow Jacket headquarters out there?

I mean, Chan & staff may not have been as bad as they appear on paper. All 4 of those games were there for the taking & we could've been anywhere between 7-6 & 11-2. Just a play away in each game, even with all the injuries.
Can u imagine how we'd be lauding Coach G right now if he had picked up some of those games? What would we be saying about 8-5, 9-4, 10-3, 11-2? He'd be close to on par with Coach R.
It's a crying shame that 1 atrocious play in each game cost Ga Tech & Gailey so much last yr. We were very close to being much better.

Back