To my Jacket brethren

Beesnut

Varsity Lurker
It seems I have ruffled feathers on the Vandy board (can ya blame me after the compared us to Duke?). So I wanted to apologize for being overly passionate about the Yellow Jackets and for for representing Tech in such a fashion.

Personally I hope as well as think we crush Vandy tomorrow. I was civil on their board until the comparison to Duke. For a team that hasn't had a winning season in 20 years they sure are certain of a win tomorrow against a much more talented and better team.

There are some posters on their board that are good fans and actually have nice insight on their team. buffy and PhillipVU7494 (hope I got that right) come to mind. The rest of them are just like the UGA fans we all know.

Anyway I won't be posting on anymore boards except this one and the Hive.

Here's to a great season and let's hope the team has very few injuries and surpasses our expectations! GO JACKETS!

At least you had the class to apologize. We have to remember that's what seperates us from many of those SEC fans...CLASS!!

Now let's whip Vandy!!
grin.gif

Be fair, Beesnut. You have to understand that, although not intentional, you baited them. We are a program who has had 2 winning seasons in 30 years. Do you have any concept at how difficult it is to sustain 'hope' with that level of failure. Every year, we search for things to excite us.

When you go over and post a rebuttal to every statement made by a Vandy fan (even though your arguments are sound), you trounce on that little bit of enjoyment they have (we can't enjoy wins). That's the most realistic board on the planet. 90% of them predict 2-3 wins. Besides Arkansas State, could you think of another group of fans that predicts 2-3 wins.

That same '2-10' team has some talent. We're holding our breathe to see what our coaches can do with it. Let us enjoy our currently undefeated season.

As a devoted fan you did the right thing in responding. Apologizing was a class act but I would have done the same thing!

No buffy I do understand. I sat through every home game at Tech in '94. That season is the absolute worst football memory I have next to tearing up my knees
wink.gif

I did not respond to every post but I did my fair share. So my apologies to any Vandy fans I offended. However the comparison to Duke was way out of line and it was intentional bait. I, being the fish that I am, gladly took it and ran with it.

Please continue to enjoy our boards buffy... you are an asset to Vandy.

Beesnut, it's only baiting if it's on your board. You shouldn't feel it necessary to defend Tech on a Vanderbilt board. Tech's record speaks for itself.

I have enjoyed the analysis and friendly jabs on this board. Let's enjoy two athletic programs that value something more than just sports, an education (Stephon Marbury excluded).

Originally posted by buffydores:
I have enjoyed the analysis and friendly jabs on this board. Let's enjoy two athletic programs that value something more than just sports, an education (Stephon Marbury excluded).
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Whaddaya mean buffydores, Stephon not only got his education but he was on a one year degree plan. His degree just happened to be basketball
smile.gif

I laugh every time my Georgia Tech buddies tell me about Stephon's 'love of the classroom' after the tournament was over.

'snut,

I think you've perhaps morphed me and VU7376 together into one person. However, I'm usually abrasive and a jerk so he's probably the rightful recipient of your kind comments.
smile.gif

I don't think you did anything remotely offensive on our forum. To the contrary you've gone out of your way (if I'm not mixing you up with others) to say that you think Coach Johnson is a good man for the job, but that no one can turn things around overnight. I think that's a reasonable point of view, but i'm also open to being convinced as the season goes along that we had more talent than we showed last year (like Maryland the year before).

I guess you have to realize that August is a time of unbridled optimism for everyone, Vanderblit fans included. Sadly it's usually the best time of the football season for us! So if people get a little upset when you try to talk realism, it's probably because they're thinking with their hearts.

That said, I think we keep it a lot closer than you do. And I don't think it's reasonable to average our results at Fla, Tenn, SC, OM, and Duke to predict tomorrow's game. I might give you the average of SC and OM, which comes coincidentally enough to 21.5, except that we were missing half our secondary and the team had given up on Woody.

Ah well, just because we disagree on the spread doesn't make you evil. Well, too evil. Good luck to your guys after tomorrow, and here's hoping they rebound well after the stunning upset that will catch us all off-guard, me included.

Hey Buffy, if it matters any, I hope you beat UGA into submission this year. HEre is one GT fan that will be rooting hard for you guys that Saturday, whenever it is.

With all due respect, I've admired from a distance Vandy fan's resiliency. Kudos to their faithfulness and loyalty. Sorry about tomorrow night...

Back