To root for FSU or to not....this is the question........

Buzzilla

I'm all out of bubblegum
and my what the implications may be. Latest from the scoop http://www.footballscoop.com/scoop.htm has old man Bowden ready to hang it up if FSU swoons the rest of the season. And of course the lead candidate is none other than brother Richt in that little, sleepy college town to the east. My o my what a hot little coach them dawgs have...maybe we can help the dawgs keep him another year by "correcting" his stock a little this coming Saturday.
grin.gif
Vegas boys seem to like his stock quite a bit giving the dawgs a 10 and 1/2 point nod. I think they fall short of projected earnings and DAWG takes a tumble while the CEO of TECH, Gailey, rallies for a big day.

Forget the importance for the ACC in this game. I usually pull for what's best for the ACC, but I absolutely will NOT root Florida State under any cicumstances (unless it decides a major bowl fate for Tech). I hate everything the FSU football program stands for. I hope they fall flat on their faces against the Gators and in the bowl and end up 8-6.
soapbox.gif

Go ACC teams! Beat all the rest of the other conference teams. It helps our cause anytime we beat a team from another conference, especially the SEC.

Originally posted by Buzzilla:
and my what the implications may be. Latest from the scoop http://www.footballscoop.com/scoop.htm has old man Bowden ready to hang it up if FSU swoons the rest of the season. And of course the lead candidate is none other than brother Richt in that little, sleepy college town to the east. My o my what a hot little coach them dawgs have...maybe we can help the dawgs keep him another year by "correcting" his stock a little this coming Saturday.
grin.gif
Vegas boys seem to like his stock quite a bit giving the dawgs a 10 and 1/2 point nod. I think they fall short of projected earnings and DAWG takes a tumble while the CEO of TECH, Gailey, rallies for a big day.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Geez, I been telling you guys this for weeks. Its gonna happen!!!

I pull for ACC against OOC. But within the ACC, my loyalties are for GT and against anyone above us. I have kin folks you graduated from FSU. It hurt their feelings when I said I pull against FSU within conference. I told them I want them to move beyond the family loyalties and see it as sibling rivalry.

We need to break the pattern of FSU and the 8 dwarfs = ACC.

Here's some bottom line out of G'ville.

FWIW, I think FSU needs to lose it's next two games. The hope would be that the Carolina Mafia would be so embarrasssed with the national derision that they actually move to significantly improve 1)officiating 2)their teams 3) expansion

The only way any of the above happens is if the ACC feels that the rest of College football is going to pack up and run.
Right now our conf. looks about as good as C-USA what with them picking up South Fla. It would be almost a one for one switch.

As I posted on another thread, I would be shocked if Richt left UGA for FSU. Do you really think he'd see that as a step up, considering the program he's building in Athens? Now, maybe he considers Tallahassee home after all those years there, but that would be the only thing that could sway him, IMO.

OJ, remember that Richt is not being paid much in Athens (less than Gailey I believe). He will at least do the standard "listening" routine to get a better contract at UGAg.

I will be pulling for Fla for the first time in years, reason being that I really believe that Bowden could go down with 1-2 more losses. Oh it will be handled well, but he will receive a lot of pressure to bow out gracefully.

Richt going to FSU would disrupt both of their programs a good bit and hurt their recruiting somewhat.

To hell with UGAg and FSU...

blue.gif

It would not surprise me in the least to see Bowden make an announce of retirement after his bowl game. After all, Papa Joe has begun pulling ahead again and shows no sign of retiring.

The McPherson deal may be another added incentive.

wink.gif

Back