"Toe Meets Leather" now not only used

texstinger

Dodd-Like
by 680 the scum to do falcons ads, but "SEC Tonite" is also now using it in their show introduction.

Compliment or some sort of lawyer term for theft?

Kinda wish GT could get a piece of the pie, as it were, or get them on some sort of infringement.

Or let it lie?

I'd rather it become popular and know who started it originally. Trying to protect a phrase seems petty.

I'm sure Al would be pleased to see it promulgated.

BS. Tech goes to great lengths to protect their products, we blew it by not protecting "Tech", and we definitely should fight for Toe Meets Leather.

BS. Tech goes to great lengths to protect their products, we blew it by not protecting "Tech", and we definitely should fight for Toe Meets Leather.

Was Al paid by Tech in the old days, or by WGST radio? If it IS possible to own a phrase, then it may belong to WGST and not GT.

It is possible to own phrases. Copyright. Many of them are intellectual property just like an engineering design getting a patent.

+1

Anybody remember the big lawsuit in the mid 90s when GT sued the Salt Lake City Buzz? They're now the Bees.

Protecting Buzz or GT logos is one thing, this is another. I'd rather Tech spend resources protecting logos and things directly related to the institute that we actually use in multiple places. Does Tech have anything other than football radio productions using this phrase?

I'd like to see all the schools who call their stadium Death Valley duke it out for the copyright. There are many of them.

Back