tomorrow

gtrower

Dodd-Like
Will be signing anyone tomorrow?
Pay boards have vague rumors of this being a possibility. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just a ploy to keep subscribers attention during a relatively boring NSD for us.

ESD is a good thing overall, but has really put a damper on the excitement NSD used to create.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
Pay boards have vague rumors of this being a possibility. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just a ploy to keep subscribers attention during a relatively boring NSD for us.

ESD is a good thing overall, but has really put a damper on the excitement NSD used to create.
So you think someone will drop their subscription if they don’t think we will sign someone?

gtrower

Dodd-Like
So you think someone will drop their subscription if they don’t think we will sign someone?
I think they could conceivably gain subscribers with the tease of “possible unnamed flip” that they wouldn’t have gotten otherwise.

Not to mention the extra hits they’ll get tomorrow from subscribers checking to see if anybody new was signed.

Is this a controversial take?

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I think only looking at subscriptions is an oversimplification.

I think there's a strong possibility of funds being injected for the express purpose of influencing public opinion.

Think about it.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
I jus
I think they could conceivably gain subscribers with the tease of “possible unnamed flip” that they wouldn’t have gotten otherwise.

Not to mention the extra hits they’ll get tomorrow from subscribers checking to see if anybody new was signed.

Is this a controversial take?
I just don’t think it matters. They run specials to attract subscribers but have been pretty clear for a while they don’t expect any surprises this year while allowing that the staff hasn’t stopped working. Not controversial just doesn’t hold water imo.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
I get the impression we've mostly turned the page to the transfer market and the 2022 class.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
I think only looking at subscriptions is an oversimplification.

I think there's a strong possibility of funds being injected for the express purpose of influencing public opinion.

Think about it.
Brain no work, please explain

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
In other news, Tennessee continues to train wreck its way through college football in their attempt to become Vanderbilt without academics.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
In other news, Tennessee continues to train wreck its way through college football in their attempt to become Vanderbilt without academics.

Perils of not signing early. Now, he has to fall back to Memphis.

GTWannaBee

Dodd-Like

This is why I don’t count CGC’s first year. He could have pulled all of CPJ’s offers, but he would have looked like this coach.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Brain no work, please explain
I'm suggesting the ratings services (some/not all) may have a financial incentive (*cough*) to insure that certain programs always have the highest rated recruits/recruiting classes. The ratings services drive public opinion and perception and, therefore, are subject to manipulation.