Tony Eliiott's story is unbelievable.

I could get excited about hiring Elliott. I'd like all the free publicity if we got Kelly Bryant for a year with him. Smooth over the transition and tutor Graham for a year. Retain Woody.

Also, that would all but guarantee a bad ass game 1 at Clemson to start next season.

Love to have Elliott.
Unfortunately I can't imagine Drad not recounting to Elliott his struggles with our Prez and fired VP.

Last edited:
Love to have Elliott.
Unfortunately I can't imagine Drad not recounting to Elliott his struggles with our Prez and fired VP.
That’s why Art Briles makes so much sense: we could pay the guy in Coke Zero and he’d take the job just to get back into the game.

Elliott is way high on my list right now.

I’m also thinking this is a hire that would get Peterson’s blessing for other reasons

That’s why Art Briles makes so much sense: we could pay the guy in Coke Zero and he’d take the job just to get back into the game.
Maybe Art would take an OC role in order to rehab his image.

I'm a huge 3O fan but Elliott is probably my top choice right now. I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't at least interview him.
Agreed. We'd need to hear his vision for the program, how he would build a staff, and his recruiting strategy

I also would like for CPJ to get involved. We bring in Brian Van Gorder and have him sit in a room awaiting his interview, in walks CPJ....

He sounds like a great guy, but 2 seasons as OC and I suppose several as a running backs coach isn't a very long resume. Can he build a staff? How is his recruiting? Clemson has a wealth of talent.

Honestly, after seeing the success that Dabo has had at Clemson I'm just not sure what really matters here. The big questions are recruiting and leadership, and I expect (just like any interview) TStan has an idea of the type of style and approach that will work best for our culture.

Back